What are we "FOR" - Civil Rights, Elian, and Protest Updates

From: Webmaster (webmaster@kids-right.org)
Date: Tue Feb 01 2000 - 10:19:33 EST

http://www.kids-right.org/

To unsubscribe from this list at anytime, send email to
Majordomo@kids-right.org with the following 1 line in the
BODY of the message (Subject is ignored).

unsubscribe members

Folks,

This message contains information on:
1. Overall Goals/First Steps
2. Elian
3. Murtari Protest Update

1. Goals
------------
Give some thought to the matter, what are we "FOR".
Aren't we talking about basic Civil & Human Rights here?
Should my right to see my children be different in Alabama than
in Alaska (or in France!). Look at these goals:
 http://www.kids-right.org/approach.htm

We need to step back and stop being so critical of Judges,
Lawyers, Psychologists.... For the most part, they are just
trying to do difficult jobs (would we really be any different?).
The real problem is we need to establish firm guidelines --
which are already available in our Criminal Law system.

We are a "small" movement -- do we try to bring change in each of
the 50 states? Let's start thinking about Federal Civil Rights action,
let's all focus on Congress -- let's make these First Steps.

1. Ask for Congressional hearings into Family Law Reform. Do
you remember the IRS hearings they had last year (where people
testified how the IRS had terrorized them) -- how do you think they
would respond to some of the stories we have?

2. Let's get a Civil Rights Act introduced into Congress. Look at
the draft wording at: http://www.kids-right.org/act.htm

2. Elian Gonzalez
-------------------------
So much has been said, what forces us to comment is a recent
story about a nun who had a "hunch" Elian would be better off
here. (The nun is a friend of the US Attorney General). Read the story:
http://www.kids-right.org/elian.htm -- it may bring back memories.

3. Murtari Protest Update
A few folks have asked how long John will keep this up -- the
simple answer is until his rights as a parent are restored. He
will resume his efforts at the Federal Building in Syracuse.
For detail see: http://www.kids-right.org/protest_dm.htm

Right now it appears the Judge and DA are taking a wait & see
attitude. See a new's story at: http://www.kids-right.org/gaz-lo.gif
He can use your help!