Update - John Murtari

From: John Murtari (jmurtari@thebook.com)
Date: Fri Jun 30 2000 - 11:48:28 EDT

http://www.kids-right.org/

To unsubscribe from this list at anytime, send email to
Majordomo@kids-right.org with the following 1 line in the
BODY of the message (Subject is ignored).

unsubscribe members

John Murtari is trying to have the Judge reconsider the
timing of his jail sentence so he can have his summer
vacation with Domenic. A copy of a letter he sent to Judge
Klim today follows below.

He would ask any of you that have the time to also please write
the judge. He would ask you not to argue with the judge over
his sentencing of John to jail, but just to ask for his consideration
and mercy in allowing John and his son to have a nice vacation
together. John would appreciate this very, very much. Please
write as soon as you can.

                                         Info
jmurtari@kids-right.org Kids-Right.Org
http://www.kids-right.org/

                                                     June 30, 2000

Honorable David G. Klim
Family Court
401 Montgomery Street
Syracuse, NY 13202

Dear Judge Klim,

I am writing you from Jamesville Prison. I've asked a friend to send
this to you. I would like to ask you to please reconsider the terms
of my sentence. Domenic has only had two days with me this year.

Prior to the trial I had already purchased tickets for his six weeks
with me this summer (about $900). I was supposed to leave on July 12th
to pick him up. He was looking forward to it, as were my mother and I.
Grandma turns 84 on July 21, and it was to have been a happy occassion.
Domenic would have time to enjoy a childhood summer with friends and family.

I understand justice, but I am just asking for mercy from the Court.
Please consider some type of delay so that Domenic can share some fun in
learning about life with his father and family.

Respectfully yours,

SIGNED

John Murtari

cc: Maureen Walsh