NonViolent Action Plan to Support Family Civil Rights (URGENT)

From: Webmaster (webmaster@AKidsRight.org)
Date: Thu Jan 11 2001 - 13:20:19 EST

http://www.kids-right.org/

To unsubscribe from this list at anytime, send email to
Majordomo@kids-right.org with the following 1 line in the
BODY of the message (Subject is ignored).

unsubscribe members

Good People,

Please give this your attention and also help in forwarding the message
to other individuals and groups concerned with Family Law Reform.
What follows is text taken from a page at our web site for a unified
demonstration of our desire for reform.  The actual page is at:
http://www.AKidsRight.Org/plan_syr.htm

We welcome your participation and feedback: webmaster@AKidsRight.Org

NonViolent Action Planning
Federal Building, Syracuse, NY - April 16, 2001 - Last update: 01/11/01

This page contains both planning and registration information for a peaceful
action which will call for Congressional hearings into Federal Civil Rights
legislation to protect the parent/child relationship.  Your comments are
welcome.

Goal =========

Draw favorable public and media attention to the need for Federal Civil
Rights protection of the parent/child bond.  Also provide an opportunity for
many different Family Rights group to gather together for a shared goal. Our
first step will be a call for Congressional Hearings into reform and
development of a Family Rights Act.  Specifically:

* Presumption of equal physical/legal custody in separation/divorce.
* Protection of a Jury when the parent/child relationship is threatened by a
spouse or child "protective" services.
* Right to representation by Counsel.
* Right to speedy trial and cross examination of all witnesses.

Our answer to the question, "Why are you doing this?"  We are parents who
LOVE our children and want to be restored to an equal relationship.   We
need Federal protection of our Civil Rights and want Congressional hearings
into reform.

Method ============

NonViolent Action focused on a U.S. Federal Building containing offices of
Congressional representatives.  A group of mothers and fathers, carrying
pictures of their children, will peacefully petition their government by
attempting to "walk" inside the building and potentially risk arrest.  We
will not be loud or angry, but just smile as we call attention to what we
are willing to sacrifice for the love of our children. News releases will be
sent out to both national and local media prior to and during this event.
http://www.AKidsRIght.Org/civil.htm  (details on NonViolent Action)

See this effort as an example that can be used by other parents as part of a
"grass roots" effort across the nation.  We can all share lessons learned.

 When/Where  ==========

Hanley Federal Building, Syracuse, New York.  Planning date is Monday, April
16th, 2001.  As part of his efforts John Murtari has already established the
"right" to walk and carry a picture of his child inside the building.  We
will try to extend this to more people.  We are there as parents to
"petition our government" for change.

 Participants  ============

Parents can help in many ways with this action.  Only people volunteering as
"walkers" stand a risk of arrest.  John Murtari will act as the leader of
the Walkers, we hope to have an equal mix of mothers and fathers.

Role - Responsibilities/Notes

Walker  - Mothers & Fathers willing to peacefully carry a picture of their
children inside the building and risk arrest.

Supporter - People willing to come and just watch as bystanders and offer
moral support to Walkers.

Spokesperson - Someone who can be at the scene and by phone afterwards, to
answer media questions.

Legal - An attorney who can at least take care of arraignment and potential
trial representation.

Fax - Someone with PC fax software who could transmit News Releases to
National and local media (hometown area of each Walker).

Financial - Willing to make a pledge to offer financial support to the
Walkers involved.  A fund for both legal and personal expenses will be
established.

Parent's Group - Any group which shares similar goals and can help in
spreading the word among its membership.

 Requirements  ============

People considering the role of Walker, Supporter, or as a Spokesperson
should closely review the NonViolent Action Checklist.  Please get questions
answered before participating.  The Walkers will be making a big sacrifice,
we will support them with a single voice:  "We are parents who LOVE our
children and want to be restored to an equal relationship.   We need Federal
protection of our Civil Rights and want Congressional hearings into reform."
http://www.AKidsRight.Org/checklist.htm

 Not Goals  =========

For this effort we will NOT make issues of child support, judical conduct,
or other professional conduct.  These are valid issues in their own right,
but are just not the focus or the message to be heard from this effort.

 Registration  =========

Please complete the form at the web site,
http://www.AKidsRight.Org/plan_syr.htm