An invitation to action for reform (Oct 15th)

From: John Murtari (jmurtari@akidsright.org)
Date: Thu Sep 13 2001 - 09:29:27 EDT

http://www.kids-right.org/

To unsubscribe from this list at anytime, send email to
Majordomo@kids-right.org with the following 1 line in the
BODY of the message (Subject is ignored).

unsubscribe members

Good People & Friends,

This is a bit of a personal note about some upcoming plans which could
effect all of us.  I & We (including our children) could also use some
help and you may just be the one that makes the difference.  Maybe I
should give you a brief glimpse into what goes behind the scenes so
that you can realize what a difference YOU can make:

* Our list message goes out to a few thousand people, mostly
* parents. We send a personal reply to all response mail. The average
* number of responses from individuals -- five.

* From the staff of Congressman James Walsh, whose been in office
* about 8 years now (maybe more):  Prior to our meeting with them --
* the number of parents who had gone to his office expressing the need
* for Federal Family Law reform -- zero.

* April 16th, I carry a picture of my child, and those of others in
* the halls of our Federal Building. A Federal Police officer asks me
* to stop or face arrest and potentially one year in prison, I
* continue.  Number of other concerned parents/adults quietly watching
* me in the hall -- five.  Number of arrests that day -- zero.

* Number of follow up meetings to discuss sponsorship of a Family
* Rights Act with local members of Congress -- zero.

* Number of children and parents whose lives have been shattered,
* unjustly separated from each other every month by government action
* -- thousands & thousands.

Right now I'm looking for some 'company' for Monday, October 15th as I
return to the Syracuse Federal Building, with a picture of my Son and
the children of others -- to express the need for Civil Rights
protection for families.

It would be great if I could find a loving Mother and a Father to join
me that day.  IT COULD be the 'Boston Tea Party' of Family Law Reform.
IT COULD be the beginning of a grass roots movement of parents taking
back their rights to family and their children. IT COULD be a positive
demonstration of the power of Faith & Love to bring social justice,
instead of using Violence & Hatred. IT COULD be you?

It would be great just to have other people there that day. To stand
as silent witnesses to what is happening in the Hall. To quietly visit
the offices of Congressman Walsh, Senator Hillary Rhodam Clinton, and
Senator Chuck Schumer and positively encourage their staffs to setup
follow up meetings to discuss serious reform.  IT COULD be you?

[For those of you new to the list, I won't be doing this outside the
building, but inside, outside the offices of our Federal
representatives (since right now, none of them seems interested enough
to discuss this topic further). It is something that 'can' get you
arrested, but as I found out, if you do it with a smile on your face
and love in your heart (and I'm very serious about that), the
government can back down and let you do it.  For a complete history of
these events, see http://www.AKidsRight.Org/events.htm]

I thought I might have to write a lot more in this message, but perhaps
it is not really necessary.  It's a simple invitation, you can go to
our home page to learn more, http://www.AKidsRight.Org/

Please, if you are a member of other groups, feel free to distribute
this message.  If you are interested in participating, or just have
questions, you can also call me directly during the day at:
315-635-1968,x-211

Best Regards!
John Murtari (jmurtari@AKidsRight.Org)