Legislative Action & Your FEEDBACK

From: Webmaster (kids-right) (webmaster@kids-right.org)
Date: Thu May 30 2002 - 16:40:07 EDT

Unsubscribe instructions at bottom of message.

This message contains notes on the following:
1. Legislative Action - Current status by State.
2. Father's Day Plans - group is growing.
3. Contributions - help with travel expenses
4. Your FEEDBACK - Rights & Trial by jury.

1. Legislative Action - Current status by State.
The area of the site devoted to Federal Legislative action has been
revised to include current information by State.  We are trying to
track all our contact attempts and the response by the members. If you
or your group have had any contact with a Member of Congress on these
issues, please let us know and we would be happy to post the
information. http://www.AKidsRight.Org/legislative.htm

Right now asking your Member of Congress -- to take a public position
on calling for Congressional Hearings to investigate the need for
reform -- seems to be a good question.  We haven't gotten a firm
answer yet from any of them.

Again, this is in preparation of having parent's willing to sacrifice
and demonstrate outside THEIR local offices, in THEIR state.  Then we
will see the publicity and public attention on the issue. Then we will
see meetings with Members of Congress instead of just staff
members. After almost 100 years of segregation, no one would have
thought Congress would pass a Civil Rights Act -- but it happened
after good people showed their willingness to sacrifice for their
dignity and what they believed
in. http://www.AKidsRight.Org/p_martin.htm

2. Father's Day Plans - group is growing.
Right now we have about 5 people ready to make the trip, three Moms
and two Dads.  We plan on visiting offices from West Virginia, New
York, Massachusetts, and Ohio at present.  If you want to participate,
check http://www.AKidsRight.Org/dad2002

3. Contributions - help with travel expenses

As you can imagine, it costs money to drive to DC and potentially
spend a night at a hotel.  If anyone can help with a contribution,
we would all be very thankful.
http://www.AKidsRight.Org/donate.htm

4. Your FEEDBACK - Rights & Trial by jury.

--- Daniel Lee - danlee5@hotmail.com - Who defines your "rights?"

----- below in response to question about aren't civil rights federal?

--- From Doug Heffley - dheffley@cis.net - History of "jury trial"