Greetings for a very Happy Mother's Day

From: AKidsRight Webmaster (webmaster@AKidsRight.Org)
Date: Sun May 11 2003 - 07:58:33 EDT

Unsubscribe instructions at bottom of message.

Good Mothers,

>From all of us who are members and associated with Kids-Right.Org, our
best wishes for a Happy Mother's Day! A special greeting to those of
you who may not even see your children today. A special greeting to
those of you who may not even have received a card from your little
ones because your former spouse just doesn't care and is blind to your
value as a parent. A special greeting for all those "awkward" moments
this Holiday can bring: "Did your kids send you flowers?", "I got a
beautiful card from my daughter, how about you?", "We are all going
out for dinner tonight, and you?"

A VERY special greeting to those of you who have to deal with family
members & friends who say, "Well, best to accept it, life goes on!",
"I'm sure whatever happened was all for the best...." Please
understand they just don't know. Would you have used those words in
talking to a slave in the 1850's? Would you have used those words in
talking to a black forced to the "back of the bus" in the 1950's?
Admit it, maybe you would have -- until you learned to understand.

On this very special day, please remember, yes, they can take away
your children -- but only you can give them your dignity. We may not
be perfect, but that does not mean we don't have a God given "right"
to participate as an equal parent in our children's lives.

A SPECIAL note, in response to a past message about visiting our
legislators after Mother's Day, we got the following email message
from a father, brief and to the point.

=======================================
Mothers are vengeful, hateful creatures.
This so-called "Mothers Day" should be abolished.
I would never do anything to help a mother.

WOW, can you believe this?  How many of us have at times begun to feel
this way (perhaps replacing Fathers for Mothers?). How badly do you
have to be kicked by the system before this happens to you? Before we
become little more than a dog that bites and barks at everyone --
because it was abused?

All the best for a Happy Mother's Day -- for that is what you are and
no one can take that away!

Webmaster@AKidsRight.Org