More FEEDBACK - National Parents Leadership Council

From: AKidsRight Webmaster (webmaster@AKidsRight.Org)
Date: Wed Jun 04 2003 - 20:50:22 EDT

Unsubscribe instructions at bottom of message.

Good People & People of Faith:

This message contains:
1. National PLC Meeting - will it form?
2. More FEEDBACK - National Parents Leadership Council
3. Your FEEDBACK - take the kids just to be 'safe'?

1. National PLC Meeting - will it form/when?
As you can see from the FEEDBACK, there was mostly a positive response
to the attempt to try to form a National Parents Leadership Council;
we will informally meet on Sunday, June 15th (Father's Day), near the
"Capitol" end of the "mall."  Time app 12 noon for about 1 hour.  Exact
details will be posted at the National PLC web site by Thursday of next
week, http://www.nationalplc.org/

2. More FEEDBACK - National Parents Leadership Council
More messages from you on our original message:
http://www.akidsright.org/archive/archive2003/0018.html

--- Brad Herman <Brad.Herman@mssm.edu>

--- Dominick Romano <DANIDOM@aol.com>

> My Name is Dominick Romano I am a member of the Children's Rights
> Council and it's NJ. Chapter New Jersey Council for Children's
> rights I have been an active member for 12 years. Served on NJCCR'S
> BOard of Directors for 8 years 4 years as President and Two years as
> Chairman of the Board of Directors and two years as the Secretary. I
> served 1 year as National Chapter Coordinator for CRC. I have
> wriiten three books the most recient Evolution of the Soul (released
> April 20,2003) The Rooster Raising the Chick about my journey as a
> Custodial father (released January 2001) and My Heart and Mind. I
> would love to serve on your Board of Directors.

Thanks for your message and you are MORE than qualified!  As I think
the site says, the group has no real organization now. I'm trying to
bring some folks together to hopefully form some continuity and then
elect some leadership.  If you wish, go ahead and just add your
personal info the web site so that it appears on the registry.  That
will keep you in the loop.  Don't know if you can make it down to DC,
we could meet in person.

--- David Johnson <dbjohns@rocketmail.com>

> I like the idea of the NPLC, an dI hope to some day attend - I'm not
> affiliated with any organization, though I have kept up with your
> situation (somewhat) through your email list.

> Could you tell me, what information do you have regarding "Parenting
> Coordinators"?  My son's mother and I already have a court order
> regarding parenting time and all that encompasses, but he's now 10
> years old and I'm wanting to modify the order for more time
> (alternating weeks pretty much) - the current order states that we
> are to seek out a Parenting Coordinator to help mediate or
> ultimately resolve the dispute if we can't work it out ourselves.
> Do you or anyone you know of, have experiences that you could share?

3. Your FEEDBACK - take the kids just to be 'safe'?
This is some FEEDBACK to a prior FEEDBACK message where an author
was concerned that you have to "take the kids", even if you can't
really prove anything.

http://www.akidsright.org/archive/archive2003/0019.html

--- Linda McPherson   <mightylinda@juno.com>