[AKidsRight.Org] Greetings for a Happy Mother's Day / The Power of Love

From: AKidsRight.Org Webmaster (webmaster@AKidsRight.Org)
Date: Sun May 09 2004 - 13:33:57 EDT

This is a message from the AKidsRight.Org mailing list.  Unsubscribe instructions at bottom of message.
=======================================
Good People, People of Faith, & Good Mothers,

>From all of us who are members and associated with AKidsRight.Org, our
best wishes for a Happy Mother's Day! A special greeting to those of
you who may not even see your children today. A special greeting to
those of you who may not even have received a card from your little
ones because your former spouse just doesn't care and is blind to your
value as a parent. A special greeting for all those "awkward" moments
this Holiday can bring: "Did your kids send you flowers?", "I got a
beautiful card from my daughter, how about you?", "We are all going
out for dinner tonight, and you?"

A VERY special greeting to those of you who have to deal with family
members & friends who say, "Well, best to accept it, life goes on!",
"I'm sure whatever happened was all for the best...." Please
understand they just don't know. Would you have used those words in
talking to a slave in the 1850's? Would you have used those words in
talking to a black forced to the "back of the bus" in the 1950's?

Admit it, maybe you would have -- until you learned to understand.
Until you experienced it first hand.

On this very special day, let us all remember, yes, they can take away
our children -- but only we can give them our dignity. We may not be
perfect, but that does not mean we don't have a God given "right" to
participate as an equal parent in our children's lives.

We open the door to reform when we demonstrate the power of our love.
When we stop seeking to be the ONLY parent to our children, but an
EQUAL parent.  If they stick a camera in your face and ask you "why?".
Don't waste your 20 seconds on hate for your former spouse, the social
worker, judges or lawyers.  Tell them about your great love for your
kids -- even better, show them....

That is what NonViolent Action is all about. That with real Faith,
real Love, and real Sacrifice, real miracles can happen -- not just
the stuff you see in "Touched by an Angel" or "Joan of Arcadia".  But
you have to believe, you have to act, and then noble dreams take on
flesh and become reality. http://www.AKidsRight.Org/civil_back.htm

"Place me like a seal over your heart, like a seal on your arm; for
love is as strong as death, its passion unyielding as the grave. It
burns like a blazing fire, like a mighty flame. Many waters cannot
quench love; rivers cannot wash it away. If one were to give all the
wealth of his house for love, it would be utterly scorned."
-- Song of Songs 8:6-7

                                                            Webmaster