[AKidsRight.Org] Canadian Rally for 'Plywood Man' / State Reform - Minn./NY/Delaware/Florida/Missouri / Federal Support Challenge in NY

From: AKidsRight.Org Webmaster (webmaster@AKidsRight.org)
Date: Mon Aug 09 2004 - 11:27:23 EDT

This is a message from the AKidsRight.Org mailing list.  Unsubscribe instructions at bottom of message.
=======================================
Good People & People of Faith,

This message contains info on:

1. Rally for 'Plywood Man' - Aug 10, Yellowknife, NT, Canada
2. Web Site on Move Aways - slowing down relocations.
3. National Columnist/Radio - Glenn Sacks Web Site.
4. On-Line Petition - joint physical custody in Minnesota.
5. Child Abuse Laws - Reform in Florida
6. Family Law Reform - Organizing in Delaware.
7. Running for Governor - Family law reform in Missouri!
8. New Bill on reform - New York State Assembly
9. Federal Challenge - New York Support Guidelines
10. Child Abuse reform hearings in Congress

We received a lot of messages from people in many different locations!
Again, if you would like an announcement made please complete the form
available at http://www.AKidsRight.Org/events.htm -- it will give us
all the info we need and avoid any delays posting your info.

1. Help - Rally for 'Plywood Man' in Canada!
Submitted by: bogan98@yahoo.com

Date-Time::	Aug 10, 9.00 am
Location::	Yellowknife Court House, NT, Canada
Group-Name::	fathers-4-justice
Web-Site::	http://www.fathers-4-justice.ca/

> History: Plywood Man is a new Canadian Super Hero stemming from
> Fathers-4-Justice UK.  These brave fathers dress-up as super-heroes
> and stage civil disobedience protests in the UK.

> Reason: The status of fathers has reached an all time low.
> Fathers-4-Justice plans to change this.  If you are a father who is
> dissatisfied by how you have been treated by the civil courts, if
> you are a parent paying child-support, if you are a non-custodial
> grand-parent, if you are a family member or a friend of a father who
> has committed suicide, if you have lost contact with your children,
> then come to PLYWOOD MAN/S rally.

> Take an hour off work bring your acoustic instruments, stuffed toys
> for your kids, protest signs, and invite the Grand-Parents of your
> children. This will be a peace-full demonstration!!!!  See you
> there!!!

2. Web Site on Move Aways - slowing down relocations.
The "Alliance for Children Concerned About Move-Aways"
http://www.accama.org/

3. National Columnist/Radio - Glenn Sacks Web Site
http://www.glennsacks.com/

If you are concerned with reform and the many abuses in Family Law you
may want to check out Glen's web site and radio show (especially in
California).  He has been involved in some nationally recognized
campaigns and is a columnist for some major papers.

4. On-Line Petition for presumption of joint physical custody in Minnesota

Submitted by: Paul Hassinger <nojusticemn@yahoo.com>

---------------------------------------
Submitted by: Debbie Behrens <sbs@gigglesandfrog.com>

Submitted by: "Barbara Goodchild" <freebird5573@hotmail.com>

> Can I have permission to post these messages on my site "Suit Up!"?
> -- I have opened a thread that addresses this issue and really want
> to stress the Christian perspective.  I have also volunteered to be
> the Coordinator for the State of Delaware for the national law suit
> that the Indiana Civil Rights Council with Torm Howse has
> initiated. I have a site for those affected by this injustice in the
> Delaware and am looking for Delaware input. If you can help in any
> way, please let me know. Hanging in as a concerned citizen, my kids
> are grown...but I know that our Father is the Father of the
> fatherless, even those made fatherless through no fault of their
> own.  I also approached AFR (American Family Radio), was interviewed
> by them as well as published in Agape Press concerning this
> issue. Getting the word out...  Thanks!

http://suitup.infopop.cc/

7. Running for Governor - family law reform in Missouri!
Submitted by: Karen Lee Dee Skelton-Memhardt <memhardtre@sbcglobal.net>

Submitted by: dickins895@aol.com

http://assembly.state.ny.us/leg/?bn=A06269

Submitted by:  Harold L. Rosenberger <HLRosenberger@hotmail.com>

> [...]

> to care for and to make decisions relating to his or her child as
> guaranteed by the 14th Amendment and United States Supreme Court
> rulings.

> The Defendants, represented by the Office of the Attorney General,
> failed to respond to a federal court order demanding that they file
> a formal reply in a timely manner to Mr. Rosenberger's
> complaint. Accordingly, Mr. Rosenberger notified the court of the
> Defendant's non-compliance and the clerk of the court made Entry of
> Default. Only after the Entry of Default did the Defendants appear
> in the action.

> As a result of the Entry of Default, the Defendant's filed two
> motions - one to vacate the Entry of Default and one to dismiss the
> Mr. Rosenberger's complaint altogether. Mr. Rosenberger in turn
> filed two cross-motions - one for Default Judgment and one to Strike
> the Defendant's Motion to Dismiss the complaint. The court as a
> result of these motions and cross motions required the oral
> arguments.

> Mr. Rosenberger had made a good-faith effort to resolve all the
> motions before the court. He was willing to stipulate that he would
> withdrawal his Motion for Default Judgment provided that the
> Defendants withdrawal their Motion to Dismiss and agree to allow the
> case to be decided on the merits. The Defendants and the Attorney
> General rejected this offer. Now, ironically, the Office of the
> Attorney General argues that Default Judgment should not be granted
> because, "Clearly, the statutory scheme at issue is of such great
> importance that the equities require that defendants be given the
> opportunity to defend the instant litigation." Mr. Rosenberger
> agrees. "Let the case be decided on the merits - that's all I've
> asked for from the beginning. If the Attorney General of New York
> feels that the income-based child support statutes are fair and
> constitutional, they should have no problem defending them and
> allowing the case be decided on the merits."  Both sides agree that
> parents should provide support for their minor children. But
> Rosenberger, representing all New York parents, points out that the
> federal constitution sets the standard for support as being that
> which is needed to prevent harm to the child. The State, on the
> other hand, automatically takes a percentage of a non-married
> parent's income for child support. Part of the reason the State does
> this is that it increases the matching funds that the State receives
> from the federal government, according to Rosenberger.

> Rosenberger's lawsuit is about the State overreaching its
> constitutionally delegated authority, especially in light of the
> fact that it benefits financially at the expense of New York
> parents.

> The oral arguments are set for October 16th, 2004 at 9:00 AM in
> front of Judge Gary L. Sharpe at the U.S. District Court in Albany.

To see copies of the Court documents:
http://www.cflap.org/ check under Federal Filings.

10. Child Abuse reform hearings in Congress
Submitted by: "J. Holderbaum" <jholderbaum@mn.rr.com>

Forwarding from Dennis Hinger -- California American Family Rights
Association (CAFRA) -- Proud Member of AFRA
http://www.familyrightsassociation.com/

I Just Received Official Verification That, All 128 San Bernardino
Case Files Are Now In The Hands Of The HHS Subcommittee. A New
Bi-Partisan House Committee IS NOW BEING FORMED TO DO A NATIONWIDE
INVESTIGATION INTO CPS!!!

This is not all our doing, we had unknown help from an organization we
have been bumping heads with at the local San Bernardino Level.  But
The National Grandparents For Children's Rights was very helpful in
getting us to this point!!!!  They were hitting one side while we hit
the other and as a result both sides caved and got together and we now
have our investigation.

I also would like to see a fax and e-mail campaign to Congressman Joe
Baca    for all his help and efforts in getting us to this
point. Congressman Baca is up for Re-Election This Year and I Feel
AFRA Needs To Publicly Endorse His Re-Election Campaign...Dennis''

Folks, it is time for all of you to begin preparing your affidavits
and evidence books for participation in this nationwide
investigation.

Affidavits

http://familyrightsassociation.com/campaigns/affidavit_drive/