[AKidsRight.Org] Senator Clinton News Video/ Valentine's Day Plans/ Your FEEDBACK!

From: John Murtari (jmurtari@AKidsRight.org)
Date: Sun Jan 30 2005 - 20:32:26 EST

Good People & People of Faith,

This message contains information on:

1. News Video Clips available - Senator Clinton Help Us!
2. Plans for Valentine's Day - Join us writing "I LOVE YOU" on Feb 14th!
3. Your FEEDBACK - writing with Chalk!

1. News Video Clips available - Senator Clinton Help Us!
Please follow the link below to see local TV Coverage of our effort
at the Syracuse Federal Building on Jan 25th.
http://www.AKidsRight.Org/actionc_syr

It also includes the News Release we used.  In 30 seconds the
reporter could not have said it any better if we had scripted it!
We hope you will also send email to Cathy Hughes
(chughes@AKidsRight.Org).  Although it did not happen, Cathy was
ready to get arrested while trying to write "I LOVE YOU LISA &
RICH".  Her effort and willingness to sacrifice helps all of us!
She will now be acting as an AKidsRight.Org coordinator and helping
in the next effort (below).

2. Plans for Valentine's Day - Join us writing "I LOVE YOU" on Feb 14th!
What better time than Valentine's Day (Feb 14, 2PM) to send a
message "I LOVE YOU" to your kids.  We are planning two events, one
at the Syracuse Federal Building (coordinated by John Murtari -
jmurtari@AKidsRight.Org), and another in New York City (coordinated
by Cathy Hughes - chughes@AKidsRight.Org).  Both continuing to focus
on getting Senator Clinton to meet with parents.

All it takes is a piece of chalk and the determination to write
those words, even if it results in arrest.  It will send a powerful
and loving message.  Even if you can't risk arrest (and we
understand some people are in positions where it is not possible),
we welcome you to come and be present. Carry some pictures of your
children and offer moral support to those who might be arrested.

Expect more details soon, but if you are interested please send
email to John and Cathy.   To make sure you are counted, take time
to register with the group at
http://www.AKidsRight.Org/register/member.php4
(We have over a thousand members worldwide and growing!)

3. Your FEEDBACK - always welcome.
----------------------------------
Some very nice FEEDBACK below.  We were only able to include about
half of the messages.  Some came in before & after Cathy joined the
effort. Thanks to you all: those who called, faxed, emailed and
prayed!  As you review the items below, who would ever thought a
piece of children's chalk could become a tool for Civil Rights?

--- "David Hyatt" <dhyatt@columbus.rr.com>

--- "Louis Peters" <lpp42456@hotmail.com>

--- Deborah Linde <galaxyone2003@earthlink.net>

--- bright one <linda8532@yahoo.com>

> John Murtari--you are definately a fruitcake and need to be locked
> up permanently before you can cause any more damage.  I hope some
> day your son reads all this garbage that you post, he will be able
> to make his own decisions, unless you are using PAS against him
> and are brainwashing him

Well, thanks for the message.  I'd have to say there are some folks
who share your opinion. Dom is 11 now and pretty aware of what I am
doing and we are fortunate to have a close relationship, even though
he is distant most of the year...

--- <wintrywood@comcast.net>

--- Sabrina Nedrow <nigelsmom@charter.net>

--- per andersson <jagenman@yahoo.se>

--- Doc <doc1@oldcodger.org>

> "What if I threw a party and no one showed up?"

> The way that you are going, you will never get a meeting with
> Senator Clinton. The media is not going to give you favorable
> coverage, unless you can show up with a minimum of 100
> parents. Even then, Senator Clinton's office is not going to give
> you a meeting.  Politicians do not like being "blackmailed" into
> doing things.  Essentially, that is what you are trying to do....

Well, I guess we got a partial answer on Tuesday. We got great
coverage with two people.  But you make some good points, as always,
time will tell.

--- Connie Brauer <cbrauer@lincsat.com>

--- Ron Jagannathan <ron.jagannathan@gmail.com>

--- "mark c." <herald4_7@yahoo.com>

--- Anon <no_reply@aol.com>

--- Wes Smith <liamsdad@liamsdad.org>

--- "Barbara Townley" <townley@cox.net>

--- RM J <judgereport2004@yahoo.com>

--- Glenn Cheriton <cheriton@rogers.com>

> The chalk idea is very good and we will be trying to use it in
> Ottawa for our next demo. Just a suggestion regarding the
> message... we would not recommend to our people to use the actual
> name of a child... it can backfire in court. We recommend, "I love
> my child." or "I love my son" or "Kids need their dads" or "Kids
> need both parents." We wish you the best, and although we can't be
> there in Syracuse with you, as we have our own battles in Canada,
> we are with you in spirt and will pray for you. glenn in ottawa,
> canada

Thanks for the kind words, and as you probably know by now, it all
worked very well.  I wrote "I LOVE DOM" and Cathy wrote "I LOVE LISA
& RICH" -- that makes it personal.  We were both willing to get
arrested for that (how would that have sounded in court?).

What is more natural than saying you love your child. By not using
the name because I'm afraid of Court -- isn't that just bucking
under again to a Judges order?

--- Rob Steel <delimma2112@yahoo.com>

> Im trying my best. I think we are gonna do the chalk thing here in
> Colorado. Alot of people are starting to come around and support
> you now. Your chalk protest has become the main topic of
> discussion on a few boards! In a big way. The tide is slowly
> turning.

I think you must have seen we had pretty good luck on Tuesday and
got the TV people there.  I was very happy with Cathy, she had
reviewed the stuff on NonViolent Action and we did well together.
We just stood in front of the building for a while, we didn't yell
or bother anyone -- if anyone asked us what we were doing, we told
them.  We weren't there to 'protest' the Senator, but to appeal for
her help (you can see the pictures of our cards).  We wrote
"Senator, please help us" with chalk, and also "I love Dom"

We were both ready to get the cuffs put on and go peacefully into
custody, no arguments with the officers, etc...  Cathy is from the
New York City area and we are going to try to get a similar effort
outside Clinton's offices in Manhatten (which would be huge).

I think it would be a great idea in Colorado. But I think you would
first try to talk to your US Senators/Representative local staff,
see what they say and if you get a real answer from the Senator on
the issues of Civil Right's for parents (that is what we did hear
first).  When we just got nothing from Sen. Clinton, then this
effort started.

--- <menrright123@yahoo.com>

> Mrs.Clinton has a dream also, she wont's to become the frist
> female president of the United States, In order for her to have
> this chance to have her name plastered in the memory of
> America...she is not about to anger the womans movement ..whom she
> needs to win an election, I am a father who is behind you all the
> way, but I hate to see you suffer in your life such as you
> are..when no one seems to be willing to come and support you in a
> worthy cause.  John. The government and all the Clinton's of the
> party..don't give a rat's behind about fathers..their numbers are
> mounted upon the heads of women..whom they fear...for these women
> could make or break an election for them, My point is..help gather
> numbers to force our cause....I am ashamed to say....it looks like
> every one is waiting on some one else to do the job, untill men
> decide that a name is not as emportant as the cause...we stand
> still.

> John. I respect you for your effort to see Mrs Clinton, But in my
> opion..this is like a falling angel ..asking God to spend the week
> end in heaven...chances are slim next to nothing.  You won't be
> able to do much in jail for the cause...but you can do alot on the
> out side to build our team...and our team needs more
> members..which results in numbers...that is what The Clintons of
> the world are afraid of, Numbers...election numbers

I think you must have seen how well the 'shared custody' vote did in
Massachusetts.  We are looking for Civil Rights protection to Family
and to get that passed we need broad support.  To turn this into a
mom v. dad thing is a disaster.  If the laws were written to
specifically exclude 'fathers', I would agree this would be a
'father's rights' issue -- but they aren't that way.  The problem is
just TOO much bias and leeway in the hand of a single Judge to
destroy your family life.

There are a few men who actually want to swing the other way and
have 'patriarchy'.  I think most of us want a solution that will be
'gender neutral', then we should identify ourselves as parents?

Time will tell how it all goes.