[AKidsRight.Org] Syracuse (March 31 delay) / April 1st, 9th rallies / Ireland / F-4-J Activity

From: webmaster@AKidsRight.org
Date: Wed Mar 30 2005 - 14:46:52 EST

Good People & People of Faith:

This message contains info on:
1. Syracuse Activity - Delay from March 31 to Apr 5th
2. April 9 - Large Rally in Pennsylvania for HB888
3. April 1 - Family Rally in Muncie, Child 'protective' services
4. Conservative Party in Canada - position on parenting.
5. Ireland - Unmarried 'father' has no rights by law.
6. F-4-J - Members held in English jail without bail.
7. Robin - cleared of 'knife' charges in Jury trial.
*  Your FEEDBACK - next list message!

Again, we encourage you to fill out our Event form to
make event submission easier and quicker, available at:
http://www.AKidsRight.Org/events.htm

Right now we have almost 5000 direct email addresses on our list and
can hopefully help get the word out on your activity.

1. March 31 - Wall writing in Syracuse delayed
Check http://www.AKidsRight.Org/actionc_syr for updates.

John Murtari, Coordinator, needs to attend to family:

"Sorry for the delay till Apr 5th.  Brought my mom (age 88) in for a
checkup on Tuesday (3/29), Doc did the standard listen with the
stethoscope and heard a gurgling in a carotid artery that may be due
to a blockage.  He scheduled a sonogram for Thur (the 31st) to get
it measured and find out if other action is required.  That was
unexpected and hopefully all will go smoothly during testing.  She
is feeling fine."

2. April 9 - Large Rally in Pennsylvania
Submitted by: "Tony Taylor" <cptttaylor@hotmail.com>

http://www.EqualCustody.com/  -- for rally details.

Rally in support of House Bill 888, you can see the bill
text here:
http://www.legis.state.pa.us/WU01/LI/BI/BT/2005/0/HB0888P1011.HTM

3. April 1 - Rally in Muncie, Child 'protective' services
[The Phillips struggle has been on going with child protective.  If
you can help in any way -- please contact them.  They are trying
very hard for their kids. - Ed.]

--- Julia Phillips <phillipsfamily12@yahoo.com>

> We are planning a protest in front of a facility where one of my
> sons is housed.  I'll send you my letter about it....

> On April 1 we are having a peaceful demonstration in front of the
> Youth Opportunity Center in Muncie. It is on 3700 West Kilgore
> AVe.  It will be from noon to about 3:00 or longer if people can
> stay. If you can come, feel free to bring signs like "Quit
> drugging our kids" or "Protect our kids" or something like
> that. If you can't come to hold a sign, stop by to let us know you
> care. Above all, pray for us who will be there on April 1.  Keep
> praying for us and our family's situation. Pray especially for Sam
> who is in the YOC in Muncie. If your Church is allowed to have
> services there, look Sam up and tell him you are praying for
> him. Our children are pretty bitter concerning the church right
> now, but keep praying for them.  Thank you for your prayers and
> support. Come April 1 if you can ....

(More of a Letter below)

> Dear Family and Friends, In the Muncie newspaper (The Star Press,
> I believe) in early Feb.  there was an article about Lynn Mucha
> who was picked up for drunk driving. This was her 3rd offense. She
> is one of the directors of the Youth Opportunity Center. Then the
> next week in the news we heard that some children were being
> sexually molested at the YOC. (Feb. 11 Associated Press and also
> WGNR radio news). I hope you are disturbed by this news and are
> willing to do something about it.

> We as Christians sometimes think we don't need to be involved in
> things of this nature, but our silence speaks to the world that we
> don't care or we don't realize problems exist. I would like to ask
> you folks to become involved in trying to bring changes in the
> facilities where children are locked away from home and
> families. We have herd plenty in the news about how soldiers in
> foreign places are being mistreated, but have you looked inside
> the facilities where our own American kids are being held? Do we
> REALLY know what goes on behind the locked doors and gates and
> yes, even razor wire?

> Let me tell you about my son, Sam, who is in the YOC in Muncie. He
> just turned 15 on the 8th. He is not allowed any phone calls,
> letters or visits from us there in the facility. He is being
> drugged into compliance and to control his "behaviors". We didn't
> have behavioral problems with him when he was home. He is on the
> following drugs: Abilify, Strattera and Zoloft. We got to see Sam
> last week in a counseling session and he says he feels like he is
> having a nervous breakdown and has fits of crytng because of these
> drugs. These are strong drugs and Zoloft has not been proven safe
> for use in children.

> Are you getting disturbed that kids are being sexually molested
> and drugged in these facilities? I could tell you much more since
> I've heard fiost hand from my own children who have been in theses
> places. Here is a little way you can help--

4.  Conservative Party in Canada - position on parenting.
Submitted by: "Zorro" <kidshelp@cogeco.ca>

The following policy statement was adopted by the Conservative Party
on Saturday, March 19, at their convention in Montreal:

======================== Shared Parenting:
A Conservative government will make the necessary changes to the
Divorce Act to ensure that in the event of a martial breakdown, the
Divorce Act will allow both parents and all grandparents to maintain
a meaningful relationship with their children and grandchildren,
unless it is clearly demonstrated not to be in the best interests of
the children.
========================

Brian Jenkins was able to speak for the full 30 seconds permitted in
support of this resolution, to the full 3000 or so delegates. The
policy was adopted with strong support and almost no opposition.

5.  Ireland - Unmarried father has no rights.
[Normally, we think groups need to identify as 'parents' -- U.S. Law
does not discriminate against mothers/fathers in custody wording.  This
is quite different in Ireland. -Ed. ]

Submitted by: "Dave Whyte" <davewhyte@dads-house.com>

> In Ireland if you are married and the relationship breaks down,
> the man has certain rights, ie Joint custody (this is not to say
> he gets 50/50 ), he has a say on the emotional, educational,
> moral, physical, religious upbringing of the children.

> However if you are unmarried (and I lived with my ex for 7 years)
> you have no rights whatsoever. Example: I lived with herself for 7
> years and we raised our children together. One day she moves out of
> the home, as an unmarried father I have no right to stop her
> taking the kids, she goes to live with a drug addict, I have no
> right to stop her living with him in the best interest of the
> children, I am Catholic, she wants to bring the kids up as Hindus,
> I have no rights to stop her doing this, she goes to work as a
> prostitute (moral) I have no right to have the kids taken off her,
> she wants move abroad I cannot stop her, etc..

> As an unmarried father I HAVE NO RIGHTS on how my kids are brought
> up. I just want at this stage to be involved in the moral physical
> religious educational & emotional upbringing of my child.

> We do not have these basic rights over here. Therefore going to
> court and being granted these is the only way we can go. What we
> want is these rights to be automatic when a child is born and if a
> father is irresponsible then let the mother make an application to
> had guardianship removed.

> In short, I raised my kids for seven years but by the law I am not
> their legal father and if something happened the mother they would
> go into care before coming to me.

> Like your site John, my aim as PR for USFI is to unite as many
> groups as possible and have a single day of protest all over the
> world.

6. F-4-J - Members held in English jail without bail.
Submitted by: "Zorro" <kidshelp@cogeco.ca>

Two members of Fathers 4 Justice (F4J) are the first fathers in the
groups 2 year long campaign to be held on remand in Cardiff Prison
after what F4J describe as an unprecedented politically motivated
crackdown on the group in the run up to the Election.

Andy James and Pete Chipping have been remanded on the basis that
they will re-offend and will appear again in court on April 9th. A
trial date is likely to be fixed in July. Bail has been denied.

A total of 10 members were arrested on 'conspiracy' charges in Wales
last week with many being subject to dawn raids, 36 hour detentions
and stringent bail conditions. The arrests related to a peaceful
demo described by F4J as 'run of the mill' outside Springett's
Solicitors in Pontypridd.

Most of those arrested had not even attended the demonstration.

F4J say that they believe that more members face arrest and
imprisonment under spurious conspiracy charges and that the action
is being organized nationally by the the Metropolitan Police in
response to the groups recent Downing Street demonstration and to
act as a deterrent to the organization staging further protests in
the run up to the election.

7.  Robin - cleared of 'knife' charges in Jury trial.
Submitted by: "Zorro" <kidshelp@cogeco.ca>

<http://news.scotsman.com/latest.cfm?id=4295571>

'Robin' Cleared of Palace Knife Protest

A Fathers4Justice campaigner was cleared today of illegally carrying
a knife during a protest at Buckingham Palace.  David Pyke, 49,
dressed as superhero sidekick Robin for the publicity stunt last
September.

He was halfway up a ladder, hoping to join a fellow protester kitted
out as Batman on a balcony at the front of the royal residence, when
armed police ordered him down.

Londonıs Southwark Crown Court heard the father of two, of
Cheltenham, was subsequently found to have a Stanley knife in his
rucksack.  He was charged with having a ³bladed article² in a public
place ³without good reason or lawful authority².

Pyke, who told the jury the stunt had been ³worth the risk² of
getting shot, said he had been planning to use the knife to cut a
length of rope to tie a banner to the balcony.  But, in the event,
he never took it out of his rucksack.  The jury took just 10 minutes
to unanimously find him not guilty.

--
                                       Webmaster