[AKidsRight.Org] Galluzzo to 6th Circuit / Canadian Rally / Reform in Wisconsin & Michigan / Canadian Superheros climb

From: AKidsRight.Org Webmaster (webmaster@AKidsRight.org)
Date: Mon Nov 28 2005 - 14:37:26 EST

Good People & People of Faith,

This message contains info on:

1. Galluzzo Update - Oral Arguments Nov 30, you're welcome to attend!
2. Canadian Rally for Reform - Dec 17th
3. Reform Bill in Michigan - strong legislation for equality.
4. Reform Bill PASSED Assembly in Wisconsin - making move-away harder.
5. Superman & The Hulk - climb crane in British Columbia, Canada.

If you have an event you would like sent out on our list (over 5000 members),
please complete the submission form at:
http://www.AkidsRight.Org/events.htm

1. Galluzzo Update - Oral Arguments Nov 30, you're welcome to attend!
[NOTE: check the web site link below, it appears oral arguments were
cancelled (but the case will still be decided). The link below
contains the actual filings and you will find interesting reading.
This is a Federal Case before the 6th Circuit Court of Appeals.  You
may wish to check with Harry - Ed.]

Submitted by: Harry <hdpham2001@yahoo.com>

The Galluzzo case is the most advanced and promising case in the
fathers' rights movement for Equal Parenting. Mike is at the frontline
in this fight.  Anyone in the vicinity of Cincinnati, Ohio, please
show him our support.  May God help us all...  Harry

Link: http://www.pacegroup.org/pacegroup_075.htm

... We have a date in Court for oral arguments in Galluzzo v Champaign
County, et el. The court has set November 30, 2005 for Oral Arguments
in this case at the Federal Court House in Cincinnati, Ohio. This is
the case in federal court challenging the constitutionality of Ohio's
custody law and the implications are much larger that just for the
state of Ohio since nearly every State law concerning the custody of
children for single or divorced parents are virtually the same. This
case has the possibility on rocking the Status Quo for EVERY single
parent in the country in the way the Brown V. Board of Education did
for the minorities and their education.

2. Canadian Rally for Reform - Dec 17th
Submitted by: office@f4j.ca

Date-Time::	Saturday December 17, 2005
Location::	Canada
Group-Name::	Families-4-Justice Canada Society
Web-Site::	http://www.f4j.ca/Santa_March-4-Family_Justice.htm

March-4-Family Justice.  Log on to
http://www.f4j.ca/Santa_March-4-Family_Justice.htm to register for a
march in your city.  This event is for all groups.  The 2004 event was
a smashing success.  Please go to the web page and view the national
video coverage from the 2004 event.  See you there.

3. Reform Bill in Michigan - strong legislation for equality.
Submitted by: Darrick Scott-Farnsworth <dlscott_farnsworth@yahoo.com>

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/documents/2005-2006/billintroduced/house/htm/2005-HIB-5267.htm

This is the current bill that we are focused on trying to get out of
committee in Michigan's state house. Here is a link off the site for
the total agenda: DADS OF MICHIGAN PAC 2004 LEGISLATIVE AGENDA Another
couple of bills that we are trying to get passed are: HB 4161 of 2005
and SB 0714 of 2005 . I have seen your website and I agree to what I
did get a chance to read. - Darrick

4. Reform Bill PASSED Assembly in Wisconsin - making move-away harder.
Submitted by: Dr. Malcolm Hatfield, M.D. <hatfield@pol.net>

http://www.wisconsinlkd.org/

This bill makes several Changes to WI Statutes ยง767.327, relating to moving with a child.

    Current Wisconsin law allows a parent with primary placement to
    move up to 150 miles without notifying the other parent.  This
    bill would change that requirement to 20 miles, provided that they
    already live within that distance from each other.

    Once notice is given, the other parent has the right to
    object. Upon receiving the objection, a parent may not move with
    the child until the matter is resolved by the court.  However, the
    current law is weak, so judges typically ignore it. If a parent
    moves before the matter is resolved, this bill would require the
    court to hold that parent in contempt and pay the legal fees of
    the non-moving parent.

    Current Wisconsin law puts the burden of proof on the parent that
    is not moving. This bill would change the burden of proof to the
    parent that is moving with the child, only in those cases where
    both parents have at least 10% placement.  This bill creates a
    presumption that it is in the child best interest to remain in the
    community to which the child has become adjusted.

    This bill also would require the court, if it does not prohibit a
    move, to order the moving parent to pay for transportation costs.

-- Published Letter to the Editor (Nov 9) The Journal Times

Important Family Legislation:

Assembly Bill 400 is an important bill that is scheduled for floor
debate and vote on November 9.  This bill is pro-family because it
requires the parent who "won" the kids, child support, and control of
the children's lives after divorce to obtain court permission before
moving the children more than 20 miles from where they presently live.
Currently, the parent who "wins" in family court is allowed to move up
to 150 miles away with the kids.

The "loser" parent is forced to stand and wave good-bye.  This allows
one parent to further alienate and remove the kids from the other
parent's life.  In addition, this new bill places the burden of proof
on the "winner" parent to prove to the court how the move will be in
the child(ren)'s best interest.  Currently, if the "winner" parent
wishes to move out of State or more than 150 miles away, the burden of
proof is on the "loser" parent to show how the move would harm the
children.

AB 400 is pro-family legislation that serves as another step closer
toward giving parents their Constitutional Right to equality not only
before divorce, but also AFTER divorce.  As a "loser" parent who had
to wave good-bye as my child was allowed by the court to move out of
State, I have contacted my assembly person in support of this bill so
that future "loser" parents will have more access to their child(ren).
Visit: www.wisconsinlkd.org/action.htm to contact your assembly person
and support this bill.

-- Published Letter to the Editor (Nov 14) - Bill PASSES

Update on AB 400 I personally attended the assembly session today on
the child(ren)'s move away bill, AB 400.  There was heated debate on
the bill that lasted about 30 minutes.

There were four democrats who spoke against the bill.  Their argument
was spearheaded by Rep. Kessler who said, "The system is
working...this is too big of a change".  "What about domestic abuse?"
"How do you protect one spouse against the other?"  "We must put the
children first".

There were three republicans who spoke in favor of the bill.  Their
argument was spearheaded by Rep Kestell, Lasee, and Albers.  They
said, "The system is broken because half of all children of divorce
have zero contact with their fathers."  "This is a significant change
that is needed."  "If there is a proven, ongoing record of domestic
abuse, I can't think of a judge who would use this law to allow
continued abuse."  "We must put the children first".

The final vote came down to party lines.  The bill passed with a vote
of 57-38.  There were four democrats who crossed party lines to pass
this bill.  Next the bill must be passed by the Senate and then signed
into law by Governor Doyle (Democrat).  Some republicans expect a veto
from him.  This issue should cross both party lines, but unfortunately
it doesn't.  Please write our Governor and your State Senator on this
issue.  For more information on today's vote visit:
http://www.legis.state.wi.us/insession/assembly/index.htm

---------
Submitted by: Stephen Patrick <stephendpatrick@yahoo.com>

Here in Wisconsin we are making progress towards legislation that will
severely restrict the need for articles such as this. Hopefully, if
this passes and gets signed by the Governor other states can use it as
a blueprint.

Rep. Steve Kestell, the principal author of AB-400 (Move-away
legislation recently passed in the Assembly) spoke at our General
Members meeting last night and indicated that now is the time for us
to begin contacting Senators for support of this important bill. Each
of us should contact our Senators now and ask them to to support
AB-400

The bill has been assigned to the Committee on Health, Children,
Families, Aging and Long Term Care in the Senate. Please contact the
members (listed below) of this committee and urge them to support this
legislation. This is especially important if you are a constituent of
the Senators listed.

Committee on Health, Children, Families, Aging and Long-Term Care

Senator Roessler, chairperson
(608) 266-5300 Capitol 8 South

Senator Darling
(608) 266-5830 Capitol 316 South

Senator Brown
(608) 266-8546 Capitol 409 South

Senator Erpenbach
(608) 266-6670 Capitol 19 South

Senator Carpenter
(608) 266-8535 Capitol 126 South

5. Superman & The Hulk - climb crane in British Columbia, Canada.
Submitted by: Feminist4Fathers http://feminist4fathers.blogspot.com/

Fathers4Justice-Canada <http://www.f4j.ca/> 's Superman and The Hulk
scaled the New Westminster Supreme Court crane to protest inequality and
injustice in the family courts and to mark Universal Children's Day 2005

At 5:45 AM the morning of November 19th the BC Hulk and Superman
entered a construction site on Carnarvon street in New Westminster BC
and after first climbing atop a shack proceeded to climb down into a
50 foot hole in the ground, only to climb back out upon a tower crane
150 feet in the air. The fog was extremely heavy and conditions
slick. After getting aloft our superheros put out their banners and
awaited further instruction. At 7:00 AM construction workers arrived
upon the site unaware of the superheros aloft. In fact, the crane
operator scaled the crane to set about his work with no idea of the
superheros upon it. Upon encountering the heros he was in utter
shock. After a lengthy conversation with the construction foreman, our
superheros descended from their perch due to heavy fog.

For a nice picture of the superheroes:
http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/7496/1032/1600/f4j%2Cca%2C11%2C19%2C05.jpg

--
                                     Webmaster