[AKidsRight.Org] Your FEEDBACK: Asking to be charged on 100 driving incidents.

From: John Murtari (jmurtari@AKidsRight.org)
Date: Sun Dec 04 2005 - 19:41:26 EST

Good People & People of Faith,

The bulk of this email contains your FEEDBACK on my recent message
about asking to be charged by the DA for over 100 incidents of driving
with a suspended license.  It generated a LOT of feedback.  There were
a couple of excellent web sites mentioned with case law in this area.

If you would like to read my letter and motion to the Court (which
includes the complete background of what happened and how I ended up
$55,000 behind) check the following.

For the story, please see:
http://www.AKidsRight.Org/support/lyons2.pdf
For even more background see:
http://www.AKidsRight.Org/support

My Trial is scheduled for 8:30 AM on Dec 12th, in Lyons, NY -- which
is half way between Rochester and Syracuse. It would certainly be nice
to have some people there with me.  If you think you can make the
trip, please let me know and I look forward to seeing you.  Hopefully,
we'll be able to talk before and after the Trial. To pull up an
on-line map just use the Village Court address: 79 William Street,
Lyons, NY 14489

TWO sites with great case law:
Roger Knight's:   http://www.antipeonage.0catch.com
Devvy Kidd:       http://www.newswithviews.com/Devvy/kidd141.htm

Your FEEDBACK
-------------

--- Sanjay Srikonda <sanjay@srikonda.net>

> Can I ask a very naive question?  Why is the child support at 55k?
> Did you not pay it or did you just not agree with it?

Thanks for writing. I think you will find a full explanation here:
http://www.AKidsRight.org/support/lyons2.pdf that should answer all
your questions.  I'd welcome any thoughts you have after review.

--- Pamelaclev6@aol.com

> I personally will be contacting the Judge and asking him to nail the
> creep to the wall.  You are no innocent victim.  You broke the law.
> You have refused to obey the law and pay child support.  You lost
> your license because of it, and broke it again by continuing to
> drive.  Take the plea, don't make matters worse by fighting
> something you created.  I feel sorry for the children you refuse to
> support.

Thanks for the message. I actually thing I've provided quite a bit of
financial support for my son.  If you have time, please read the
entire history at http://www.AKidsRight.org/support/lyons2.pdf It's
about 8 pages, I'd welcome your perspective after you've had a chance
to review.

--- cimini.family@att.net

> Regarding your driver's license issues I rad about, Please see
> http://www.newswithviews.com/Devvy/kidd141.htm

> She has some excellent case cites on the right to travel.  Hopefully
> these will help your case.

Thank you very much for the link.  I 've had a lot of replies and
yours has been the most useful!  I might be able to reuse a lot of
that and submit the arguments to the Court now.

--- "Jeffery" <geraldjames@worldnet.att.net>

--- cjs@mykid2.org

> So sorry to hear the authorities are victimizing you this way.

> In my own situation I packed my few remaining possessions and
> emigrated. I will never acknowledge the authority of such courts and
> openly declare my contempt for them.  God bless you.

I saw your web site, very cute son you have there!  Sorry to hear what
happened to you.  I see you quote Martin Luther King.  For those that
can I do think we need to take action and demonstrate a willingness to
sacrifice for what we believe in. We have more history at the site:
http://www.AKIdsRight.Org/civil_back.htm

--- Lbe818@aol.com

> I believe this was a very dangerous thing for you to have done.  To
> have admitted guilt to consistently breaking the law nearly 100
> times.  If you testify, they'll have all the evidence they need to
> not only lock away a repeat offender, but to also claim that you are
> unfit as a parent because you take the law into your own hands when
> the need arises for your convenience.

> I know this sounds harsh but I believe it will be the way they will
> paint this picture.  If they do manage to get you on all counts,
> there could be an exorbitant fine (perhaps $55K) along with the
> jail time.

Well, the fact I drove over a hundred times is the truth and they know
that I have been driving (its a necessity).  Regarding the other
clams, it is true they can say many, many things.  I can't control
that.

--- John <yohemike@charter.net>

> I admire your integrity and stance on whet you believe to be an
> unjust law. Unfortunately I am in Georgia and I can only pry for
> God,s guidance. Mike Yohe

Thanks for the kind words and the words of prayer. Guidance in
choosing the correct path needs to be asked for.

--- Dr. Malcolm Hatfield, M.D. <hatfield@pol.net>

> I just mailed out the attached to the attached mailing list with
> peel and stick labels...

Judge Nicholas Forgione  79 William St.Lyons, NY 14489
Mr. Richard Wunder (Prosecutor),  54 Broad St,  Lyons, NY 14489
Mr. Richard Healey (DA),  Hall of Justice, Suite 202,  Lyons, NY 1489

November 30, 2005

Regarding John Murtari:

   I have known Mr. Murtari for over ten years.  I too have suffered a
   loss of my only child through "no fault of my own".  My daughter,
   now 16 was allowed to move out of Wisconsin years ago by a judge
   who has shown no personal interest in my daughter or me to date.
   Like Mr. Murtari, I am ready, willing and able to support my
   daughter when she is with me.  I am a fit parent who is capable of
   providing a warm and loving environment for her.  Unfortunately,
   through no fault of my own, my daughter is forced to live in a
   father absent environment where numerous studies have shown will
   give rise to a higher rate of teenage pregnancy, depression as an
   adult and poorer grades in school.

   Mr. Murtari is ready, willing and able to provide that same warm
   and caring environment to his son Dominic; however, he is not
   allowed to do that.  His son now lives thousands of miles away
   through no fault of John's.  Forcing John to pay child support and
   then taking away his driver's license without a jury trial of our
   peers is like the Chinese government or Stalin's former government,
   who take away basic freedoms based on rumors and innuendo.
   Mr. Murtari is guilty of no crime.

   If freedoms that other citizens enjoy are taken from him, he should
   be first and foremost allowed the opportunity to defend himself in
   front of a jury of his peers.  Recent polls have shown that the
   general public is sick and tired of the way "family" courts treat
   fathers.  I believe that if given the opportunity, no jury would
   take away his right to drive.  Mr. Murtari deserves praise for his
   efforts to stop our government from harming our children.  His
   actions help make our country a better place to live and raise our
   children.  If only our founding fathers could know how fathers are
   being treated today, they would have made sure that this would
   never happen.  Do what is right and don't hold Mr. Murtari
   responsible for laws that are unconstitutional and harmful to our
   children.  Either give Mr. Murtari a jury trial, or leave him
   alone.

				Sincerely,
				Malcolm Hatfield, MD

--- roger baril <somaticsmove@yahoo.com>

> i am very impressed with your approach here and commend and support
> you.  i too am a single father. i have a 4 year old daughter. i have
> been given 10% visitation and no say at all in any decision. i am a
> good dad, no criminal record, a good citizen and devoted and bonded
> to my girl. i have had a real eye opening experience of the justice
> system. and this is very manipulative and based on story that is not
> true.

Yes, as you, I found it hard to believe until I saw it happen to me
with my own eyes.  That is the obstacle we face in reform; convincing
people of the need for reform without them having experienced it.

--- Ann Adams <ann.adams95340@gmail.com>

--- Montie Roland <montie@montie.com>

> You had to make a difficult call.  I'm not completely sure I would
> have made the same decision, but I'm not in the situation so I don't
> know.  I believe that you are in a situation where standing up for
> what is right will cost you.

Yes, it was not easy.  If you have not read the details/history,
please look at the document:
http://www.AKidsRight.Org/support/lyons2.pdf (about 8 pages)

> Unfortunately it will also (most likely)cost your kids somehow.  But
> if you do what is right, I'm sure they will get more than it costs
> them back in respect for their father and see how a man properly
> behaves.

> Hang in there.  Don't forget to keep asking the following questions:
>
> - Is what I am doing right?
> - Am I just be stubborn or does what I'm doing have a real purpose?
> - Am I motivated by revenge?
> - Is there a better use of my time?

I like your list of questions.  We have a 'checklist' for NonViolent
Action at http://www.AKidsRight.Org/checklist.htm

--- "Kopp, Erik" <Erik.Kopp@camoves.com>

--- Jim Baccari <jimbaccari@shaw.ca>

--- Shelly Barreras <Shellyhots@aol.com>

--- Rose Johnson <judgereport2004@yahoo.com>

>   Just a quick note to say "congratulations" on your Dec. 12 hearing
>   date to address some needed, overdue, commonsense issues.

>   Hope you are able to get some legislators to attend the hearing
>   and maybe submit for some 2006 law change on the child support
>   vs. right to travel as needed, issues.

>   Take a look at the Idaho website when you get the opportunity -
>   www.IJAA.Net Keep up the good work - God bless -

>   http://www.IJAA.Net/

Thanks for the call last night.  I went to the website and read the
act.  I liked it very much.  Judicial misconduct review should be
conducted by plain citizens, just as you say.  It should be done in
all states.

--- Fran <GFGriner@aol.com>

--- "Marc S." <atk406@gmail.com>

> I hope you will make a written request of the court to allow the
> trial to be recorded on videotape...

That is a great idea.  We could actually put it on the website.  My
big problem is just getting someone to help and just take care of it.
You know how it goes, lots of ideas but it is hard to find folks who
have time to help.  I may try to see if I can bring a tape recorder to
get an audio recording.

[ NOTE: I did contact the Village Court.  There will be a Court
Reporter there that day to record the proceeding ]

--- "Roger Knight" <rogerwknight@hotmail.com>

--- "Clarence-Shashi Maloney" <ct_maloney@hotmail.com>

--- Tammy Bowman <tamdpm@yahoo.com>

--- "Tim" <tglofcourse@yahoo.com>