[AKidsRight.Org] Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas and Action for Family Law Reform!

From: John Murtari (jmurtari@AKidsRight.org)
Date: Sun Dec 25 2005 - 16:32:32 EST

Good People and People of Faith,

I just want to extend to everyone our best wishes for a very Merry
Christmas and a Happy Holiday Season!  Please understand that our
group is not just about the Christian Faith, or that it is the ONLY
faith -- but for most of us on this list these traditions have strong
meanings.

Many of us won't see our kids this Christmas and may not even be able
to contact them (and wow can that be depressing!). In some cases our
'ex' has gone out of their way to make arranging a schedule difficult
or impossible (enough to make anyone mad).

Thats how we "feel" -- and in the words of a great counselor, when
asked by someone how they were suppose to feel about something -- "you
are suppose to feel, the way you feel."

Right now I have my son Domenic (12), with me for the Christmas
Holiday -- how fortunate I am compared to many of you.  We usually
seem more people register at the web site around the holidays --
parents suddenly finding themselves alone on Christmas day and
wondering why?  Some will find themselves overcome with such anger and
bitterness -- that it will last a lifetime ...

Our last message talked about a NonViolent Action (NVA) Campaign,
maybe a solution: http://www.AKidsRight.Org/archive/archive2005/0059.html

A Thought on Christmas
----------------------
I may not be sure about a lot of things, but the efforts I have made
to walk quietly & lovingly with a picture of children have felt very,
very good.  I can't quite say how, but at the same time I began to
take control of my life and take "action", I lost a lot of my anger
and frustration.  I encountered my own Faith more deeply than before
and I saw people change their attitudes around me.

Do I know if Jesus Christ was the Son of God?  No, I really don't. But
do I know he had strong beliefs and was not only willing to talk about
them -- but die for them?  Yes, I do.  I find myself very, very
thankful that he lived and was willing to do what he did.  It's nice
to remember him and celebrate his birthday!  Where would I be without
him and his lesson?

Hanging on to Hatred?
--------------------
There is some truth that sometimes you have to let go of hatred before
you can be effective for change.  Here is an old time reading from a
book of Wisdom.  Even if we don't believe, does it ring true?  Can we
still think of an 'ex', social worker, or judge -- as neighbor?

---------------
Sirach 27:30

Wrath and anger are hateful things,
but the sinner hugs them tight.
The vengeful will suffer the Lord's vengeance
for he remembers their sins in detail.

Forgive your neighbor's injustice;
then when you pray, your own sins will be forgiven.

Could anyone nourish anger against another
and expect healing from the Lord?
Could anyone refuse mercy to another like himself,
can he seek pardon for his own sins?
If one who is but flesh cherishes wrath,
who will forgive your sins?

Remember your last days, set enmity aside;
remember death and decay, and cease from sin!
Think of the commandments, hate not your neighbor;
remember the Most High's covenant, and overlook faults.
--------------

Give a Gift / Receive a Gift
----------------------------
I have struggled with understanding NonViolent Action and how it
succeeds and why personal sacrifice is necessary.
http://www.AKidsRight.org/civil_back.htm

NonViolent Action allows you to demonstrate through "unambiguous
physical action" the depth of your Faith and belief in your "cause."
It is a positive demonstration of love given at sometimes tremendous
personal cost.  Words are not required.

As many of us prepare to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ, I can't
help but recall those famous words of his: "turn the other cheek, give
him your coat as well, walk with him two miles..."  Don't talk
.... DO.  NonViolent Action.  The return gift, personal joy and peace.

Here is a little something I found that may help put the focus where
it belongs:

"The MY Father"  -- anonymous

MY Father, who art in Heaven,
   hallowed be thy name,