[AKidsRight.Org] Support for John Murtari, Monday, April 10th. Syracuse.

From: AKidsRight.Org Webmaster (webmaster@AKidsRight.org)
Date: Fri Apr 07 2006 - 12:16:39 EDT

Good People & People of Faith,

A quick follow up on yesterday's message:
http://www.AKidsRight.Org/archive/archive2006/0011.html

I've received a lot of email regarding my upcoming Court appearance at
2 PM on Monday.  If I'm jailed a list message will go out with contact
information for local officials. Obviously, much of what happens will
depend on the public response of other parents.  This is not a one-man
band, we need to act together to achieve the deep changes we desire.
Each one of you can make a real difference in what happens to me.

Monday - Watch and/or take Action
---------------------------------
If you have time to come to Syracuse on Monday you are welcome and I'd
be happy to meet you in the morning and have you present in the
Courthouse. I manage a small family owned business and our Company
offices are in Baldwinsville, NY.  You should show up there around
1030-1100 AM and we can all talk. -- address & map link below:

Software Workshop Inc.
55 E. Genesee St.
Baldwinsville, NY 13027

http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?Pyt=Tmap&addr=55+E.+Genesee+Street&city=Baldwinsville&state=NY&slt=43.159600&sln=-76.326000&name=&zip=13027-2619&country=us

Take your story to Legislators
------------------------------
Bring a two page summary of your story and how the system treated you
with injustice.  Include a picture of you and your kids.  It would be
great to have a group of parents walk over to the Hanley Federal
Building (about 5 minutes from the Court), and visit the local offices
of Senator Hillary Clinton and Congressman James Walsh.  Leave your
story with them, tell them you love your kids, that Congress needs to
protect the Civil Right of parents to raise their own children. Ask
for Congressional hearings into the need for reform.
http://www.AKidsRight.Org/legislative.htm

Participating in NonViolent Action
----------------------------------
There may be those of you who want to take a strong action yourselves.
If sentenced to jail, I will be 'laying down' as described in the
message above, and taken away.  It would certainly send a powerful
message if other loving parents just laid down in the hallway outside
the Courtroom at the same time and had to be carried out of the
building by security.  No yelling, no anger.   If you are seriously
considering this, make sure to contact me, check what we have at:
http://www.AKidsRight.Org/civil.htm

Contact me
----------
If you think you might try to make it, please call my office phone
number (toll free) 877-635-1968, x-211 and leave me a message with
your name and phone number (cell number if you have one). I will be
checking my messages over the weekend and will call you back.  Please
also check the web site for any last minute changes.
http://www.AKidsRight.Org/support_jm.htm

You can email me at: jmurtari@AKidsRight.Org
John Murtari
--