Happy Easter - Reform / Action & Imagery

From: AKidsRight.Org Webmaster (webmaster@akidsright.org)
Date: Sun Apr 16 2006 - 09:16:02 EDT

Good People & People of Faith,

Special greetings to all who couldn't go to church with your child.
Who couldn't participate in an Easter Egg hunt.  Who couldn't sit down
and eat a load of chocolate with your little ones.  Why?  Because a
court decided that was not in "your child's best interest."

Heart felt greetings to those who didn't talk to your kids today.  Who
didn't get a card.  Not because your child wasn't allowed to -- but
because they DIDN'T WANT TO.  THEY HATE YOU.  More than anything, this
should make us understand the obscenity of a system that turns
children away from loving parents.

After Understanding / Action & Imagery
--------------------------------------
Does this bother you?  Make you angry?  How mad should you be after
being disgraced and mistreated?  Can you compare this to the imagery
of a Black person being told to drink out of a different water
fountain, sit in the back of a bus, or send their kids to a lousy
school?  How mad would that make you?

  No Violence
  -----------
  Oh, and it's sad, but we need to say -- this ain't the Revolutionary
  War and we ain't fight'n the Nazis. You got a hankering for that --
  go to the Mideast, become a Murder-Suicide bomber -- they've made it
  better?  Let's show how much we love our kids by destroying other
  lives, other families? Crazy. Hopeless.

  Look at history and segregation.  The Blacks had every reason in the
  world to hate Whites.  What would you have said then, -- "Let's burn
  those cracker's houses down with the kids in'm! Look how they treat
  us, like animals! It's for our rights, kill'm!"

  Read the history. Yes, it is a battle, a war. People are needed with
  courage, willing to sacrifice themselves for what they believe in.

  Watching peaceful Blacks beaten by White cops, attacked by dogs,
  sprayed with water, and dragged from the front of the bus -- changed
  the heart of the nation.  That's what we need to do.  We EACH HAVE a
  powerful story, the classic movie plot -- a loving parent
  sacrificing to be reunited with their child....  let's use
  it. http://www.AKidsRight.Org/civil_back.htm

It took a while, but there came a time when Blacks were ready to
sacrifice and risk arrest -- with knowledge the Klan might even show
up later and burn their homes down.  Would you go to a parent's rally
if you knew it would cost you your home?  What kind of Faith do you
have that your sacrifice would matter?

Before you paint a picture -- you've got to have a vision.  Before
others can see the imagery, it has to exist in your mind's eye first.
Then you have to paint.  Don't tell other people about your pain, your
love -- show them.

GOOD PARENTS, AVERAGE PARENTS, AND POOR PARENTS -- ALL FIT & EQUAL
PARENTS, PROTECTED FROM GOVERNMENT BY A JURY OF THEIR PEERS.

Before the Million Parent Marches, before the Huge Letter Writing
campaigns, before 'real' reform laws are passed -- there have to be
people with a vision who are willing to act when the risks are
high.... and things are starting to happen.

Jesus of Nazareth - a lesson in good imagery!
Easter is a good time to remember Jesus of Nazareth and PLEASE, we
don't need to talk about the Son of God here, or the resurrection.
Just the real 'historical' Christos -- a man who had a vision of a
human family and embraced suffering to make us see that vision.

If you've thought about taking real 'action', you can appreciate the
doubts of Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane. Aren't my miracles and my
preaching enough?  Do I have to die? Is this the right time?  Will
anyone care?  Have I gone too far?

Many of us remember the words from the cross, "My God, my God, why
have you forsaken me?"  How many of us know those are the first words
of the 21st Psalm.  He would have known it well.  It describes the
roller coaster of human emotion, of our experience of the Divine (the
entire text follows below if you are interested).

Part of the message of Easter is that through our willingness to
sacrifice we have the POWER to bring about great change. No other
resources are required, but Faith.  The result is not certain and
sacrifice is always painful, but when we sacrifice with love there is
personal renewal, joy, and Resurrection!  We could all use a little of
that.

Psalm 22 (New King James Version)
Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc.

        My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?
        Why are You so far from helping Me,
        And from the words of My groaning?

        O My God, I cry in the daytime, but You do not hear;
        And in the night season, and am not silent.
        But You are holy,
        Enthroned in the praises of Israel.
        Our fathers trusted in You;
        They trusted, and You delivered them.
        They cried to You, and were delivered;
        They trusted in You, and were not ashamed.

        But I am a worm, and no man;
        A reproach of men, and despised by the people.
        All those who see Me ridicule Me;
        They shoot out the lip, they shake the head, saying,
        "He trusted in the LORD, let Him rescue Him;
        Let Him deliver Him, since He delights in Him!"

        But You are He who took Me out of the womb;
        You made Me trust while on My mother's breasts.
        I was cast upon You from birth.
        From My mother's womb
        You have been My God.

        Be not far from Me,
        For trouble is near;
        For there is none to help.
        Many bulls have surrounded Me;
        Strong bulls of Bashan have encircled Me.
        They gape at Me with their mouths,
        Like a raging and roaring lion.

        I am poured out like water,
        And all My bones are out of joint;
        My heart is like wax;
        It has melted within Me.
        My strength is dried up like a potsherd,
        And My tongue clings to My jaws;

        You have brought Me to the dust of death.
        For dogs have surrounded Me;
        The congregation of the wicked has enclosed Me.
        They pierced My hands and My feet;
        I can count all My bones.
        They look and stare at Me.
        They divide My garments among them,
        And for My clothing they cast lots.

        But You, O LORD, do not be far from Me;
        O My Strength, hasten to help Me!
        Deliver Me from the sword,
        My precious life from the power of the dog.
        Save Me from the lion's mouth
        And from the horns of the wild oxen!
        You have answered Me.

        I will declare Your name to My brethren;
        In the midst of the assembly I will praise You.
        You who fear the LORD, praise Him!
        All you descendants of Jacob, glorify Him,
        And fear Him, all you offspring of Israel!
        For He has not despised nor abhorred your affliction;
        Nor has He hidden His face from Him;
        But when He cried to Him, He heard.

        My praise shall be of You in the great assembly;
        I will pay My vows before those who fear Him.
        The poor shall eat and be satisfied;
        Those who seek Him will praise the LORD.
        Let your heart live forever!
        All the ends of the world
        Shall remember and turn to the LORD,
        And all the families of the nations
        Shall worship before You.

        For the kingdom is the LORD's,
        And He rules over the nations.
        All the prosperous of the earth
        Shall eat and worship;
        All those who go down to the dust
        Shall bow before Him,
        Even he who cannot keep himself alive.

        A posterity shall serve Him.
        It will be recounted of the Lord to the next generation,
        They will come and declare His righteousness
        to a people who  will be born,
        That He has done this.

--
                                     Webmaster