[AKidsRight.Org] 30 More days in jail / Your help in reform / Your FEEDBACK

From: John Murtari (jmurtari@AKidsRight.org)
Date: Tue Oct 31 2006 - 15:04:23 EST

                                         10/27/06

Good People & People of Faith,

Well, 30 more days of jail.  All attempts at early release failed
(more details in a later message).  I will be released on December 1st
and hope to make a weekend visit out West to see my son in early
December and then have him with me for Christmas vacation.  Until then
I will continue my part of our effort and keep enjoying my tube
feedings -- they have saved a lot of wear & tear on my teeth.  Maybe I
will be able to become a spokesperson for Carnation Instant Breakfast:
Surviving on 8 cans a day and feeling fine!

Seriously, I hope with your efforts we can make good use of this time
as we work together for reform.

Media Contact Help
------------------
Teri Stoddard (teri@AKidsRight.Org) & Jane Spies (Lark5000@aol.com)
are exploring all the media contacts we have for additional stories.
We welcome any contacts with the media any of you may have.  The site
has several resources to help:

  http://www.AKidsRight.Org/support_jm.htm (Blog with details)
  http://www.AKidsRight.Org/paper.htm (Past Newspaper & TV Coverage)
  http://www.SharedParentingWorks.Org/akidsright.html
  http://www.MensNewsDaily.com/author/teri

The jail does allow reporters to do both in person and over the phone
interviews.  They also allow cameras.  I was also able to do a live
radio talk show.  The news agency must contact the jail directly to
set up a date and time.  Direct contact info is:

  Sgt. Joseph Powlina 315-435-1709 ex. 4
  or if he's not available
  Deputy Joe Caruso same number ex. 3

Tuning our Goals
----------------
The next 30 days give me more opportunity to interact with many of you
directly regarding our goals for reform.  You are welcome to write me
here at the jail (please include a legible return address):

  John Murtari
  POD 5A-4
  555 S. State Street
  Syracuse, NY 13202-2104

In a past message I shared my thoughts,
http://www.AKidsRight.Org/civil_rights_essay.htm.  I'm eager to hear
your thoughts on reform and also your personal experience with the
system.  If you can include a stamp in your letter that would be
great.  Postage is my biggest jail expense.  I look forward to hearing
from you!

(feedback follows below)
--
Coordinator                            AKidsRight.Org
jmurtari@AKidsRight.Org                "A Kid's Right to BOTH parents"

--- <skipbrackett@mindspring.com>

--- Marilyn Price <herbienym@yahoo.com>

--- Charles <iamjahlul@aim.com>

--- Ron <RolRAGG@aol.com>

> What was done to John was absolutely horrible. I have been on
> disability for five years. Social Security pays my child
> support. Last time I went to court I had a Judge say he could impute
> income to me. Social Security had me see their doctors and they put
> me on Permanent disability. If income is imputed to me I have
> decided I will do what John has done. I don't think he should accept
> a settlement. He should serve the remainder of the
> sentence. Remember John is the victim here. John is the wronged
> party. Why should he settle. The system has failed him and his
> son. I hope John wins his case. If he does it will be a victory for
> all of us.  Thank you.

--- Robert Gartner