Passport renewal challenge/ Ron Paul/ Obstacles & YOUR FEEDBACK

From: John Murtari (jmurtari@AKidsRight.org)
Date: Fri Nov 30 2007 - 10:28:19 EST

Good People & People of Faith,

1. Passport renewal - Ready for Federal Case?
2. Ron Paul - His position on Family Law reform?
3. Debra Root - FEEDBACK on obstacles to progress.
4. Your FEEDBACK - on being weary of reform.

1. Passport renewal - Ready for Federal Case?
I (John Murtari) have a lot of Aunts, Uncles, & Cousins in Italy that
I used to visit in the past (all from my Mom's side of the family).
We even went there in 2000 with my son Dom.  Because of 'support
arrears' I'm unable to renew my Passport and I find that very annoying
and a restriction on my liberty to travel.  One of my Aunt's (my Mom's
next youngest sister) is 88, and both Dom and I would like to see her
before she is 'gone'.  There is too much 'irony' in a 'support' mess
stopping me from fulfilling other obligations related to immediate
family!  I'm sure there are some of you in similar situations --
pretty soon you won't even be able to travel to Canada!

Support has never been my main issue for reform.  I feel it's a
distraction from our main focus on Family Rights, but.....  I'm
getting real close to filing a Federal Civil action in our local
District Court regarding this.  The basic argument is 'suspension' of
Passport renewal is an unconstitutional limit of our liberty to travel
-- especially when arising out of a civil matter with very limited
'due process' protections (we all know how arbitrary support
proceedings can be).

I was getting ready to start work on something when I saw the Federal
filing fee is $350 -- that slowed me down!  Some questions:

* Has any such action been brought in Federal Court before? What
   happened?

* Do any of you have references to any case law for/against?

* Would any of you be willing to contribute for the filing fee if
  I can get this thing ready.  You can see it, make inputs, before
  I file it.

* Is there a lawyer in Fed. Practice willing to work on this?  You
  would think it would make a beautiful 'class action' suit.

I do think Syracuse, the Northern District of New York, may be a good
venue.  I have 'met' all the Magistrates (that would initially handle
it) and I do feel they respect my manners and know I'm sincere in my
actions -- we might have a sympathetic ear, including the local media.

I'm still planning on returning to the Syracuse Federal Building in
early January.  I have a Dad to join me, but still looking for a Mom?
http://www.AKidsRight.Org/clinton

2. Ron Paul - His position on Family Law reform?
Like me, many of you may have seen messages about the candidacy of
Mr. Ron Paul for President. Some people feel he is our champion for
family law reform.  I went to his web site at:
http://www.RonPaul2007.com/ and didn't see anything addressing the
topic of family law?  I'd like to share some info with folks on the
list.  If you have any web links to direct quotes from Mr. Paul please
let me know and we'll use them in an upcoming message.

If there is another candidate you feel has taken some good positions
on reform, please pass links to that info also ... again, we are
looking for direct quotes.

3. Debra Root - obstacles to progress.
-------------------------------------
[ Debra is an NCP and in a couple of messages below I really think she
hits upon the 'what's wrong with us' as a movement for reform.]

--- Debra Root <dusty6873@yahoo.com>

> For several days I have been wrestling with with the question you
> posed at the end of your email (Why don't we have the courage to
> sacrifice for what we believe in?)

> How? More importantly, will it matter?

> Indeed, much progress in the area of civil rights for black
> Americans has taken place over the past few decades.  Similarly, who
> would have dreamed that Mandela would eventually become President in
> South Africa?

> This is hopeful, but there is still much more work to be done.  But
> what about us-the dissatisfied non-custodial parent?

> We have many obstacles to overcome....

>    1. We are geographically separated

>    2. Unlike being a member of a minority, our status is somewhat
>    temporary. Change may come when our child(ren) become adults

>    3. We are not understood by the Majority who still adhere to
>    stereotypes (deadbeats, etc)

>    4. Some activists "on our side" are blatantly misogynistic.

> And so on....

I agree a LOT with what you say are the obstacles. I see the same
things and it is pretty depressing at times!  But we have Faith, and
we try -- I guess that is all we can do.  If we worry about 'results'
-- we get frozen.  I have a great quote from Gandhi:

    "He who is brooding over result often loses nerve in the
    performance of duty. He becomes impatient and then gives vent to
    anger . . . he jumps from action to action, never remaining
    faithful to any. He who broods over results . . . is every
    distracted, he says good-bye to all scruples, everything is right
    in his estimation and he therefore resorts to means fair & foul to
    attain his end. Not focusing on "results" gives one the inner
    peace to achieve final goals, this is renunciation."

Does that describe a lot of people in this movement or what?!

> ...  The legal world is one of winners and losers.  It is a world
> that pivots on privilege and money.  Who cares about a few people
> that can't see their children yet still have to support them
> financially?  Surely, they (the non-custodial parent) must have done
> something wrong!

> Non-custodial fathers complaining about paying child support?
> Deadbeats that don't want to support their offspring.  Non-custodial
> mothers?  Drug-addicted nut cases not fit to raise children.

> I challenge ANYONE to give me a reason to believe that anything will
> ever change.  For me, I am comforted by those who understand my
> pain. My son and I wait for the day that we will see each other
> again.  He will be 18 years old in 4 years.

... I'll share one thought from a speech a Black Judge gave at the DC
Rally.  He lived through segregation, he told us -- their opponents
used to say, "Segregation yesterday, today, and forever!" -- they were
wrong.

I know you have been on the list for a long time, you ask 'I challenge
ANYONE to give me a reason to believe...', just look at history, what
happened to segregation, what sacrifice can accomplish.
http://www.AKidsRight.Org/civil_back.htm

Perhaps you/we should ask, "Why don't I have the courage to sacrifice
for what I believe in?"

4. Your FEEDBACK - on being weary of reform.
This message resonated with a LOT of people.  We had a flood of
FEEDBACK!  See the original message:
http://www.AKidsRight.Org/archive/archive2007/0045.html

--- Edna <rejuvenation05@yahoo.com>

--- Matt <AQUALUNG2@aol.com>

> Your wrong ... both men are dead....  It has become a waste of time,
> and I have moved forward....

> Don't get me wrong... I hurt for my children EVERY DAY!  But in my
> heart...  I know they will come home someday ... and what goes
> around. Comes around..... And that is what I have to believe to get
> threw my days.....  I continue to raise my other children, who are
> growing into wonderful adults ... and who will have the burden of
> explaining the results of the selfish women how took the children
> from our lives...

You may be correct in how you feel.  Time will tell.  Glad to hear you
have contact with your other kids!

--- "Stephen Baskerville" <sbaskerville@cox.net>
http://www.stephenbaskerville.net/

--- Paul <paul.d.brundage@nasa.gov>

--- rc woody <hawkman_019@yahoo.com>

--- ednja@yahoo.com

> Jesus spent alot of time telling about how evil and hypocritical the
> Sadducee's and pharisees were and even went into the temple and
> flipped over their tables.  For those who are Christian, I believe
> it would Christ like to do the same, when we know for sure the evil
> hypocritical things that they are doing to us.

You may be right, but I prefer the story of the Pharisee and the tax
collector praying in the temple.  I think we would be better worried
about our own failures of faith and love, and asking for mercy -- than
going after others?

--- "kriz" <triadd@tennis.com>

>  .... God will have nothing to do with eliminating the corrupt
>  officials in government.

... but if we are 'believers' shouldn't we have Faith in 1) God's help
as we work for justice.  2) Realizing those corrupt officials are also
our brothers and sisters?

--- "Annie Marie" <crc.ky@zoomtown.com>

--- Howard Wizenberg <hfw_us@yahoo.com>

> Nice letter. I got myself weary when i was sanctioned for some
> nonsense on the father's list. I used the word Pissed off in
> father's for justice... and removed myself because of the complaints
> of using those words. there is too much BS for me. I now stay quiet
> and watch. I am a lucky one, I have my sons.... But I will NEVER
> forget.

... The lists can be very strange, it really turns into just a flood
of talk without no-one actually doing anything?  I think one bad part
of 'lists' is that you have people spouting opinions from their
'couch', but who never actually attend a real meeting or get involved?

--- Jeffrey Tennis <usctennis1993@yahoo.com>

--- Ray Blumhorst <gottkinder@sbcglobal.net>

> Thanks John, I really appreciated that email.  I always wear my
> three Vietnam medals on my ball cap when protesting, and I have a
> commemorative cold war medal I wear too. I just got that certificate
> a few months back signed by Secretary of Defense, Donald Rumsfield.
> IMO, we FRA's and MRA's are presently front line cold war
> "soldiers," on point against the infrastructure of gender feminist,
> women's studies programs, gender feminist, women's commissions,
> gender feminists lawmakers and other, cultural Marxist, gender
> feminist, women's industry programs arrayed against us through
> family courts - and other places.

> In the service, we took an oath to defend our country from all
> enemies foreign and domestic.  Did either of us think we could/would
> seriously disregard that oath when we returned to civilian life?
> Family courts in America today are very real domestic enemies of
> America working to destroy all semblance of traditional family life,
> and it follows the cultural Marxist belief about an oppressive
> Patriarchy at its core.  Faith in God is a comfort as we are
> wearied, but not beaten by the oppressive abuses that are hurled at
> us by a legal system gone unAmerican towards those it is sworn to
> serve.

> If not us, then who?  Who better than us to confront this domestic
> enemies of America?

> God Bless You.  Hang in there bro.  Nobody knows better than you,
> when it's time to rest and when it's time to stand your ground.

Yes, I would expect parents who have worn the uniform to better
understand the need for sacrifice if the rights of parents (both mom
and dad) to be protected from gov't interference.  But, I don't feel
that women are our 'enemy', no more than I would have felt that
white's were the 'enemy' of blacks during segregation.  It is a
foolish system and we just need to open people's eyes to how bad it
is.

--- Karen Armbruster <lifeinhim2002@yahoo.com>

--- "Dr. Asif Suleman" <asif@medis.co.za>

--- Frank Votra <sashtool@yahoo.com>

> Weary? Yes!  However, that is the point of the other side and the
> courts for that matter. To make men weary so you will give up.  I am
> convinced the courts hate men as there no Federal money in
> protecting and representing them as there are for women. So they can
> run men through the judicial and legal wringer and make them pay or
> garner federal funding.  When men fall behind in support after
> taking on the burden of paying for protection in court that is even
> better as the arrest will be a warning to other men that the iron
> fist of civil law will come down on you and your legal rights as an
> American citizen will be thrown away.  Indeed, I would say that
> illegal aliens have more standing in a court of law than a father
> falsely accused of abuse or some other slanderous remark used to
> gain court room advantage. Let me clarify that point further.

> I was issued a domestic violence injunction for calling the women in
> question stupid.  It was a point of fact. It was not slander. I have
> been in court for 12 years something I didn't want to do fighting
> for my rights and that of access to my son and the one thing that I
> have learned is that the civil courts and the liberal judges that
> occupy the bench are both blind and corrupt and who only have one
> goal in mind.  Obtain money.  Be it through sucking from the trough
> of federal programs or imposing a deplorable financial burden on
> men.  Most men go belly up and quit.  The problem is we need more
> men to fight and show what the corrupt courts are doing to the
> nation.

They do try to beat you down.  But I hope we can consider ourself
mothers & fathers fighting for our Civil Right to be Fit & Equal
parents to our children.  We do need more parents to get involved,
actions do speak louder than just words.

--- Jerry Bernard <gandjhomedad@hotmail.com>

--- Ron <Citroencar@aol.com>

> I too wearied of the legal (for lack of better description that can
> be put in print) system, and resigned myself to the point where, if
> my kids ever wake up from the mind poisoning, I'll be there for
> them. You can only deal with issues you have control of.

> As I have said before, you are wasting your time and now the court's
> time in trying to see Clinton. Her agenda has nothing to do with
> what's best for the country, only what's best for her ego. It's a
> sad time, when egos run the government as well as a major portion of
> American Corporations.

> Spend your energy on keeping ones like Clinton out of
> office. Contact the Republican National Committee and see if they
> would have an interest in your plight. If nothing else, it could be
> a way of getting something started as far as reform goes, as the
> politicians position themselves to make good appearances as election
> time nears. It tried to contact them on your behalf, obviously not
> mentioning your name, but have not been able to get past the "make a
> contribution" part of the web site. All the parties are so fixated
> on raising contributions, they are losing site or their purpose.

I think I have said this a lot before, but if Clinton is anything, she
is a very good politician and is influenced by public opinion -- Civil
Rights are usually supported by everyone (once they are recognized) --
to the extent we as parents are ignored, is more of a comment on our
lack of focus on a clear goal and commitment to our beliefs -- than
it is about her or any politician.

--- Jim Pleace <jpleace@yahoo.com>

--- Douglas Richardson <dougmrich@yahoo.com>

--- Theresa Ivey <terri1715@yahoo.com>

--
Coordinator                            AKidsRight.Org
jmurtari@AKidsRight.Org                "A Kid's Right to BOTH parents"