Third Murtari arrest for writing "I LOVE YOU" at Federal building

From: John Murtari (jmurtari@AKidsRight.org)
Date: Tue Jan 29 2008 - 15:56:38 EST

Good People & People of Faith,

John Murtari returned to the Syracuse Federal Building with a petition
containing pictures of parents and children unjustly separated.  He
was also carrying kid's chalk and planned to write "I LOVE YOU" to his
son and "SEN CLINTON HELP US" on the ground outside the building. For
the third time this January, he was arrested and taken into custody by
building security.

Earlier, John had sent a letter to the Federal Magistrate assigned to
his case in an attempt to explain his (and our) actions and
motivation: http://www.AKidsRight.Org/clinton/peebles3.pdf -- we hope
you agree!

We will release more details as they become available. Check the web
site at http://www.AKidsRight.Org/clinton

We encourage parents whose rights have been trampled by the system to
consider participation in a planned National "I LOVE YOU" campaign,
http://www.AKidsRight.Org/clinton/national.htm Your FEEDBACK is
welcome.

TO HELP please contact Senator Clinton's Offices:
Make a polite call to her Washington and especially her Syracuse
Office (ask for/leave a message for Mr. Jay Biba).  You can also fax a
letter to both.

Syracuse Local rep, Jay Biba  tel: 315-448-0470,   fax: 315-448-0476
Lona Valmoro (Senior Advisor), tel: 202-224-4451, fax: 202-228-0121

Your Phone Calls - Clinton Response
----------------------------------
It is beginning to make an impact.  Some responses to what we have
heard them say so far:

1) "We've had no request for a meeting" -- Repeated letters have been
mailed, FAX'd, and FedEx'd to the Senator.  Some have been delivered
in person.  We have had NO reply and NO return phone calls.
http://www.AKidsRight.Org/actionc_syr
http://www.AKidsRight.Org/newyork.htm

2) "The Senator doesn't come for personal meetings to Syracuse" - We
are not looking for a one-to-one meeting.  We'd like her to hear first
hand from a small group of parents,
http://www.AKidsRight.Org/clinton/agenda.htm .  She is often in the
Central New York area to meet with other business/advocacy groups.

3) "This is not a Federal issue" -- This is about getting the Civil
Rights of parents and children to be together, recognized &
protected. It should not matter what State you live in.

4) "Priority, schedule conflicts" -- Is there anything more important
and foundational to our Nation than the family?

--
Coordinator                            AKidsRight.Org
jmurtari@AKidsRight.Org                "A Kid's Right to BOTH parents"