Happy Mother's Day greetings and a prayer for Family Rights.

From: John Murtari (jmurtari@AKidsRight.org)
Date: Sun May 11 2008 - 08:09:50 EDT

Good People & People of Faith:

Best wishes for a Happy Mother's Day! A special greeting to those of
you who may not have even see your children; who have not received a
card from your little ones because your former spouse is blind to your
value as a parent. For all those "awkward" moments this day can bring:
"Did your kids send you flowers?", "I got a beautiful card from my
daughter, how about you?", "We are all going out for dinner tonight,
and you?"

A VERY special greeting to those who have to deal with family members
& friends who say, "Just try to accept it, life goes on!", "I'm sure
whatever happened was for the best...."

Please understand they just don't know. Would you have used those
words in talking to: A slave in the 1850's? A black forced to the
"back of the bus" in the 1950's?

Admit it, maybe you would have -- until you experienced it first hand.

We open the door to reform when we demonstrate the power of our love.
When we stop seeking to be the ONLY parent to our children, but an
EQUAL parent.  If they stick a camera in your face and ask you "why?".
Don't waste your 20 seconds on hate for your former spouse, the social
worker, judges or lawyers.  Tell them about your great love for your
kids -- even better, show them....

That is what NonViolent Action is all about. That with real Faith,
real Love, and real Sacrifice, real miracles can happen.  But you have
to believe and act, then noble dreams take on flesh and become
reality. http://www.AKidsRight.Org/civil.htm

    "Place me like a seal over your heart, like a seal on
    your arm; for love is as strong as death, its passion
    unyielding as the grave. It burns like a blazing fire,
    like a mighty flame. Many waters cannot quench love;
    rivers cannot wash it away. If one were to give all
    the wealth of his house for love, it would be utterly
    scorned." -- Song of Songs 8:6-7

VERY SAD THOUGHTS - RUNNING THE TRAINS AT EACH OTHER, KIDS BETWEEN
Nice words above.  Thoughts that should make us feel good.  But what
about these?  Do we also share in what follows?

The greatest weapon opponents of reform have is the ability to raise
the "hot button" issue of making this a Mom v. Dad thing.  But if you
want to fight the battle:

   "Some Men can't even stand to look at a scene of Mother and Child
   happily together without some anger -- b%tch!  Dirty Feminists!
   And we're sure many Women have experienced the same after seeing
   THEIR child "taken" by a former husband... abusive control freak!
   Stupid Masculinist!"

   "Come on, admit it you Men, deep down, you KNOW you'd be the best
   parent! After all, who's the big bad hunter-gatherer! Ladies, that
   child came out of YOUR body -- their YOURS. After all possession is
   9 tenths of the law! We're talking a biological reality here!"

Sound funny?  Well, here are some messages I have received that are
real and maybe not so funny:

--- From a Dad:

   Mothers are vengeful, hateful creatures.  This so-called "Mothers
   Day" should be abolished.  I would never do anything to help a
   mother.

WOW, can you believe this guy?  How many of us have at times begun to
feel this way (perhaps replacing Fathers for Mothers?). How badly do
you have to be kicked by the system before this happens to you?

--- From a Mom:

   When men grow a uterus and begin to breast feed they will be equal
   to women. It is unnatural to support work against nature and
   natural development.  Natural Child development is an area which
   critical to have well adjusted adults.  How can you compare apples
   and oranges the baby is a part of the mother for almost a year in
   the womb 40 or so weeks on average, the mitochondrial DNA (where
   ATP the energy currency for all life force) is passed
   maternally. The child is more a part of the Mom than the dad... But
   I have news for you there are many more abusive emotionally
   disturbed men then there are women.

This one hit home with me.  How do you measure love?  The weight of a
uterus?  Do we need to compare the love I have for my son, Domenic,
with the love you have for your child -- want to both get in the
street and yell: MINE IS BIGGER THAN YOURS!?

Does that make any sense?  How about the Declaration of Independence,
"all men are created equal..." Is that crazy or what?  Any hard
science would quantify for you in a thousand different ways that we
are NOT equal, in our intelligence, our emotional nature, our
resistance to disease, and on and on....

The starting words of the Declaration, "We find these truths to be
self evident..."  The real truth.  That when we reach deep enough into
our physical nature and reach our spirits -- we are created brothers
and sisters of the same loving God.  Certainly equal in the
opportunity to love and nurture our own children.

A prayer for Family Rights (for all of us!)
[Many of us don't believe in a loving God and the purpose of this list
is NOT to convert anyone; however, sometimes a movement needs
something that defines them -- their goals and their methods...

We posted this prayer years ago, and hopefully it still has meaning.
For those who do believe it may capture the essence of what was talked
about above.  Reform is about 'us' and will not required hatred or
vengeance to become a reality... ]

Almighty and ever-living God hear our prayer for justice and give us
the courage and Faith we need to meet the challenges of reform.  Help
all people recognize the rights of parents to be secure and treated
equally in their ability to love their children.  Inspire us with your
Divine love not only for our children, but for all our brothers and
sisters.  Amen.

--
Coordinator                            AKidsRight.Org
jmurtari@AKidsRight.Org                "A Kid's Right to BOTH parents"