Common reform goals - A project for unity!

From: John Murtari (jmurtari@AKidsRight.org)
Date: Sat Jan 10 2009 - 15:30:24 EST

All the information in our messages is FREE for reuse as you desire.
Subscribe/unsubscribe info at end.

Good People & People of Faith:

I'd like to announce a 'unity' project that has been a long time in
the making.  Like you, I'm frustrated and tired by the lack of
progress we seem to be making in the reform effort.  More than one
person has says we suffer from lack of unity and they are quite right.

Many of you have been on our mailing list for years.  I've exchanged
email with quite a few and many share some similar goals.  I invite
you to join me in a social network designed specifically for Family
Law reform.

http://www.NationalPLC.Org/ - The National Parent's Leadership Council

You know what they often say, "Big name, small results!"  Let's hope
that doesn't happen here!  In the past we've tried to unite by being
'against' the same thing -- none of us like the system!!!!  I don't
feel that approach is bringing us together effectively?

Let's try to create a network of people who share a common vision of
reform based on recognizing Family Rights.  Because of my work I've
been able to customize an excellent social networking site. It's easy
to change to be specific to our needs. As a Member you can create your
own BLOG and have an RSS news feed.  Members can create both public
and private groups and exchange messages.  There is also an event
calendar so we can keep track of happenings. Your FEEDBACK is welcome.

Please review the list of goals & ideals below.  If they sound good to
you please join the Network as a Member.  If you find it interesting,
you are welcome to join as a Monitor. http://www.NationalPLC.Org/

    * BOTH biological parents have a right to know they have a child.

    * BOTH parents are presumed FIT & EQUAL (in terms of both physical
      and legal custody of their children).

      If anyone (a spouse, relative, or Child Protective "services")
      wishes to challenge that, you have a right to speedy trial,
      counsel, and the protection of a criminal jury and a unanimous
      verdict. The "state" needs to prove you were a demonstrated
      serious and intentional threat to your child's safety and acted
      with malintent.

    * A child has a right to EQUAL contact with BOTH parents. A child
      does NOT have a right to pick a preferred parent. A child does
      NOT have a right to parents who always act in the child's best
      interest.

    * In our discussions with ourselves and our public actions, all
      should be treated with dignity, respect and compassion. We can
      condemn injustice without malice.

    * We identify ourselves as 'parents' seeking reform. Our issue is
      family rights and the ability to raise & nuture our own child
      free of government interference. Our primary focus is NOT men's
      rights or women's rights or child support reform.

I look forward to growing participation.  We are not looking for
volume right now, but the formation of a strong network based on
common ideals and goals. Join me!

--
Coordinator                            AKidsRight.Org
jmurtari@AKidsRight.Org                "A Kid's Right to BOTH parents"