F4J Canada Superhero video/ South Africa - any rights? Dr. Phil!

From: John Murtari (jmurtari@akidsright.org)
Date: Sat Feb 14 2009 - 15:11:03 EST

All the information in our messages is FREE for reuse as you desire.
Subscribe/unsubscribe info at end.

This message has info on:

1. Great Video/News from F-4-J Canada - Super heroes at work!
2. Right to know you're a parent? - update.
3. Want to attend filming of a Dr. Phil - about support.
4. South Africa - No right to be a parent?

1. Great Video/News from F-4-J Canada - Super heroes at work!
[ Most reform 'action' videos don't have the greatest quality.  The
one below is excellent!  You are there 'live' as the Superheroes plan
climbing the British Columbia Legislature building, see the real
event, and also some excerpts of press coverage.

As always, my great respect for what they are 'doing' to demonstrate
their beliefs.  Talk must be followed by positive actions.  Also, I
continue to wish we would identify ourself as Parents working for
Family Rights (not just Father's Rights), and see a Wonder Woman or
Supergirl under arrest also! - John ]

Submitted by:  Rob Robinson "Burnaby Batman" <bc_courts_suck@yahoo.ca>

> Greetings all from Vancouver BC. Sorry I have been rather quite in
> recent months.
> As you all may be aware this upcoming Friday, Feb.13/09, Fathers 4
> Justice Canada will be holding its national Heart Break Hotel demos
> across the country. It's time to let our feet do the talking folks
> and I encourage every ones participation in this annual F4J event.

> http://www.fathers-4-justice-canada.ca/content.asp?DocID=41

> So far Toronto, Ottawa, Regina,Calgary, Vancouver and Yellow Knife
> will be holding Heart Break Actions. Team members will be gathering
> our front of local court houses from 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm in support
> of this initiative.  "End The Heart Ache" - Family Courts Proudly
> Destroying Families".   I look forward to seeing all your pictures
> of this event which will be added to the action site. Also anyone
> with video cameras that can catch some the action would be great
> also as we can add the footage to the site as well.

> Another new addition to the action site has been the addition of the
> exclusive video coverage provided by Big & Small Productions of
> Batman and Robin scaling the BC Legislature building March 25/05 in
> Victoria BC. This video clip may now be viewed in its entirety at -

> http://f4jcanada.com/BCPages/March25_05Victoria.html\

> - Click on the "View Exclusive Video Coverage" link provided on the
> page or view the clip directly at -

> http://f4jcanada.com/VideoFiles/Victoria_BC_Legislature_Stunt_Batman_Robin.html

2. Right to know you're a parent - update.
[ What is needed here is another Mom & Dad to join in the effort.
Then we can get some real publicity and progress.  Contact me if you
are interested: jmurtari@AKidsRight.Org ]

http://www.AKidsRight.Org/parental_notification (excerpts below)

February 13, 2009 - Group coordinator, John Murtari, decided to walk
inside the new County Court House in Lyons. Security staff was polite
and John quietly walked around for an hour before leaving. He held a
small placard with pictures of parents and children. The message,
"Mr. Oaks, Help Us!" (photo above).

February 10, 2009 - John took a 'walk' inside the historic Court House
in Lyons (now used mostly for County offices and meetings). For two
hours he walked in the hallway of the building holding a small placard
with pictures of parents and children .

Feb 4-9, 2009 - John changed his location to downtown Lyons and
outside the County Court House. Please contact John if you wish to
participate and join in the effort.

January 27, 2009 - At 2pm, John Murtari walked to Assemblyman Oaks'
office to publicly promote the "You're a Parent Notification Act."  He
walked outside the offices for about two hours (lucky it was a sunny
day, temperature in the mid 20s).  One of the staff members did come
out and told John he was welcome to come into the building to warm up.
Weather permitting, John plans on returning each day at 2pm for a
similar two hour vigil.

3. Want to attend filming of a Dr. Phil - about support.
Submitted by: Harry Crouch <harryal@earthlink.net>

 Mel Feit thinks he can get ten tickets reserved for a Doctor Phil
 segment.  Mel will be a guest on the show at the Paramount lot in the
 Los Angeles area next Tuesday morning. He needs supporters to attend
 the filming to support his positions through audience
 participation. If you are interested please email me as soon as
 possible with your contact information. Mel has to submit a list of
 names for the reserved tickets by Monday morning and I'll be sending
 him the list of those who can attend Sunday evening. The show will
 deal exclusively with child support issues, focusing mostly on
 whether men are forced, by circumstance, into being considered
 "deadbeats."  The show will be titled "Forced to be a Deadbeat?"

Harry Crouch
Founder/Director California Men's
Centers<http://www.californiamenscenters.org/>
932 C Street, Suite B
San Diego, CA 92101

619-231-1909

4. South Africa - No right to be a parent?
[ This was a tough story to read, especially the Judge deciding that
two hours a week with your child was 'lavish' access!  Of course, many
would call this "shared parenting" and certainly the officials only
did "what was in the child's best interest!"   -- NOT! ]

Submitted by: Dr. Asif Suleman
REGIONAL CO-ORDINATOR
FATHERS-4-JUSTICE[KZN]
453 WINDERMERE RD, MORNINGSIDE, DURBAN

Just a brief thank you to all who supported me in my endeavors to
secure a fair and positive bond with my daughter

The outcome was totally disastrous and I was pressured into settling
for what the judge insisted was lavish access for a 4 year old based
on  a totally biased and skewed family advocates (FA) report

Outcome:

1.The mother has all parental rights and despite the children's act I
have none, as my application was:

 For care and contact and overnight access and ??? Not parental rights.

This was brought to the judges attention in chambers by my counsel and
it was also recommended by the family advocate

The judge was advised that opposing counsel and mum felt that I did
not qualify. Despite a customary marriage adv Julyan insisted that I
am a section 21 unmarried dad and I should make a separate application
which they intend opposing

She has deliberately misrepresented the act and refused inclusion of a
clarity statement IN THE ORDER.

The family advocate has advised that I still hold these rights....but
unless its on paper it is unenforceable except through further
litigation.

 And the ex refuses to recognize them point blank

..SO I HAVE NO INPUT WHATSOEVER EXCEPT THROUGH FURTHER LITIGATION  [S
35] AND CHARGES WHICH MAKES ME A BAD LITIGIOUS MALICIOUS PARENT.......
 ALSO EACH TIME I WILL HAVE TO EXPLAIN THE CHILDRENS ACT AT THE POLICE
STATION OF COURSE ALL OTHERS ARE ANGELS AND ACTING IN A CHILD'S BEST
INTERESTS

 WELL DONE ALIENATORS

2. The judge insisted that 2 midweek contact visits of 2 hours a time
unsupervised was lavish access for a 4 year old and concurred with the
FA.

When advised of the back and forth travel time of 1 hour. He refused
any further indulgence, whilst opposing counsel Jacky julyan insisted
that travel time even if sitting next to you in a car  is more than
adequate quality contact

And that we should bear in mind that  they are opposed to midweek
contact.

       Take it or loose it

3 after 3 months time I will get 1 overnight visit every alternate
weekend either on a Friday or a Saturday alternating weeks.

In effect I will see my daughter for only 4 hours in a week when I
don't have a 1 overnight weekend of which 2 hours is travel

3. I will have no public holidays, long weekends or school holidays
until my 4 year old turns 6 [2011]

4. on my insistence I was granted 3 hours for special days

THE JUDGE INSISTED THAT I ACCEPT OR CONTINUE TRIAL AT A RISK OF COSTS
NO OPTION BUT TO ACCEPT

WHAT A BUMMER and a let down to the children's act, justice, and a
child's best interests

MOSTLY...to me  my lack of courage in risking costs as I don't even
have enough to pay my own bills let alone the car tyres I so
desperately require, and trying to save further trial costs by what
the judge insisted was an inevitable outcome has resulted in me
letting my daughter down in my role of protecting her and preventing
alienation

My daughter is so cross with me now as she returns back earlier than
ever when the sky is still blue and daddy is now very naughty and ugly
because he does not want to let her play some more, NO LONGER BATHS
AND CHANGES HER, AND HAS NO TIME TO FEED HER

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD THERE IS NO JUSTICE JUST LAW AND THOSE WHO
WILL PLAY AROUND WITH IT FOR $$$$ AND LITIGATION

I remain committed to being the best dad that I can be, enjoying
whatever time I have to the max, and wish all who have done my child a
disservice by excluding and marginalizing a committed parent ...

In favour of malice...that they see the light and feel Gods care and
compassion. I know in time that the resentment bitterness and
disappointment I feel will pass And the spirit of hope  and love that
I hold will reign supreme

I am after all a DADDY, and I LOVE my baby.  Say a prayer for all the
children out there and the other parents who are far worse off than I
am. Thank you all for your kindness.

Keep fighting for all our children affected by parental seperation...I
need a break for a while.

--
Coordinator                            AKidsRight.Org
jmurtari@AKidsRight.Org                "A Kid's Right to BOTH parents"