Easter Greetings! Belief and actions for reform (parents need help)!

From: John Murtari (jmurtari@akidsright.org)
Date: Sun Apr 12 2009 - 12:00:34 EDT

All the information in our messages is FREE for reuse as you desire.
Subscribe/unsubscribe info at end.

This message has info on:

1. Happy Easter!
2. We hold these truths to be self evident ... - do we?
3. THREE actions we can take today - for reform!

1. Happy Easter!
----------------
Our special greetings to all of you weren't able to go to a church
service with your child.  Who didn't have the opportunity to
participate in an Easter Egg hunt!  Who didn't have the chance to sit
down and eat a load of chocolate with your little one.  Why?  Because
a court order decided that was not in "your child's best interest."
Imagine that!

Our most heartfelt greetings to those of you who didn't talk to your
children today and didn't even get a card.  Not because your child
wasn't allowed to do it -- but because they DIDN'T WANT TO. THEY HATE
YOU.  More than anything, this should help us all understand the
obscenity of a system that turns children away from parents!

2. We hold these truths to be self evident ... - do we?
I'm confused by those in the reform effort who seek to justify family
law reform by some combination of 'legal argument' and 'science'. Here
is a brief excerpt from http://www.parentalrights.org/:

    ...in 2000, when the State of Washington gave any person the
    ability to override a good parent's decision about visitation by
    simply claiming that it would be "best" for children to allow the
    third-party to have visitation rights, in the Supreme Court:

    - There were six separate opinions and none reached a five-vote
    majority.

    - Justice Thomas was the only Justice to clearly state that
    parental rights receive the same high legal standard of protection
    as other fundamental rights.

    - Justice Scalia held that parents have no constitutionally
    protected rights whatsoever.

I always wonder what scientific study was used to justify freedom of
religion or freedom of speech?

          WHAT IS YOUR "JUSTIFICATION" TO BE A PARENT?

What happens when Science, the Law, or the Constitution says (or
someone else thinks it says), that you don't have that right?  Where
is your argument?

Some people wonder, what make something a human or civil right?  It's
pretty simple -- you do!  Just remember the words from the start of
the American Declaration of Independence:

    "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created
    equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain
    unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the
    pursuit of Happiness..."

One of the foundations of Christianity is the Apostle's Creed, it simply
begins with:

    "I believe in God the Father Almighty, maker of heaven and earth."

Neither contains an appeal to the legal, social, or scientific.  But
each phrase is just words until supported by action.

3. THREE actions we can take today - for reform!
It just happened that during this week I received three different
appeals for support and help.  They all differ a bit in their nature,
but I hope we all can choose at least one and take action.  Please
write in with your response, I'd like to share your actions with
others in a future message.

The call for help were:

a. F4J Activists to be charged with felonies - Paul Fischer & Donald Tenn
b. Support? System Down - help our movie get to a film festival!
c. Alone and in jail - William Coleman (they took his paper and pen!).

a. F4J Activists to be charged with felonies - Paul Fischer & Donald Tenn
[ Some brief details below.  There could be some serious jail time here by
two parents -- send them an email!  Let them know you care! ]

Submitted by: Donald Tenn <donald.tenn@yahoo.com>
              Paul Fisher <pfisher@pobox.com>

> Donald Tenn and Paul Fisher Spiderman and Superman) will appear
> before a jury on Monday April 13th, 2008, in Columbus, Ohio.

> Despite there being no physical damages, and no intent to cause harm
> to the structure in question, (the prerequisites for vandalism), the
> pair have been indicted for felony level vandalism. If found guilty
> the duo could spend up to eighteen months in prison.

> The charges stem from the September 29th, 2008 crane protest on The
> Ohio State University campus.

http://www.f4j.com/index.php?id=actionalert&type=1

Yes, this is true. Actually the Grand Jury did decide to proceed ahead
with charges after the initial dismissal. Our Jury trial date was
scheduled for Monday, April 13, 2009. However, the jury trial has been
rescheduled for a date yet to be determined in June? The charges are
Felony 4 vandalism which carries a maximum PRISON sentence of 18
months.

Communication with my attorney and others has led me to believe that
everyone is in agreement, we should not be charged with felony
vandalism. I have further been led to believe that County prosecuting
attorney Ron O'Brien wishes to make an example of us, hence the
improper felony vandalism charges.

In the real world the charges would more than likely be trespassing
and demonstrating without a permit.

These are the facts but please do not quote me as I will be before a
jury, a disgruntled prosecutor and judge in the near future and do not
want anything printed which may further compound my sentence.

We will be releasing information with regard to another call, fax and
e-mail campaign 5 working days prior to the trial.

Thanks,

Donald Tenn

b. Support? System Down - help our movie get to a film festival!
[ Many of you are aware of this film, http://www.SupportTheMovie.com/.
You can help by making some simple purchases or by direct donation! ]

Submitted by:  Angelo Lobo  <info@supportthemovie.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 07:33:45 -0700

Dear Friends of Support?,   PLEASE ACT IMMEDIATELY! this is very  important.

After much clawing, dragging, scraping and drudging along for 3
years..  Support? System Down has a tentative acceptance to our First
Film Festival in Atlanta.  We have to raise $2,885 to get a full
version cut to them ASAP as the first one had glitches they are on
hold for us. We are in!

We need help with funds to get into the editing room and then make a
glass master for the DVDs. We have also ordered more T-Shirts and have
some expenses for the materials that have to be covered asap. Please
pass the word we need your help! Don't have the money? Don't worry
just ask someone you think can help and just keep asking.

We appreciate that in itself. Please if you can help now is the time
to do it. We have to meet these DEADLINES as it is crucial for this
project and others like it to get into the Public Eye.

Below you will find a coupon code for $3.00 OFF anything on our website....
ORDER TODAY!!    Everything helps.

Plus YOU will have FULL CREDIT (minus S&H) back on the full version
later this year by using the special code you will receive with your
order.  It is a great cause and getting into a festival at all is huge
for this. We need your support TODAY!

If you, your group, organization or someone you know can contribute
the entire amount I will personally promise them the first 150 DVDs of
the FULL Version of the Film Support? System Down: signed- sealed -
and delivered the day AFTER we make the Academy Awards Qualifications
this year. Yes you heard right we are going for it and doing
everything we can to get this out THIS YEAR!! No more delays this is
it....Blast off!

CLICK THIS LINK and use this code: supporter at check out for $3.00
OFF anything we have today! We need HELP so do it now!! Thank you.

http://www.shop.supportthemovie.com/product.sc?productId=1&sourceCode=Support?%20TShirt

----- recent update

Hello Supporters,

WE HAVE RECEIVED $450.00 IN THE LAST 1 HOUR~THIS GREAT. THANK YOU.

WE NEED TO RAISE $2,435 BY SATURDAY APRIL 18TH. PLEASE ACT NOW IF YOU
CAN AND PASS THE WORD!!

http://www.supportthemovie.com/

c. Alone and in jail - William Coleman (they took his paper and pen!).
[ We've had a couple of list messages about Mr. Coleman.
http://www.akidsright.org/archive/archive2009/0004.html -- A letter
would certainly be welcome and I'm sure he would appreciate a personal
visit by anyone in the Connecticut area! His address is:

Mr. William Coleman  (3-305106)
1153 East Street South
Suffield, CT 06080  ]

Submitted by (his brother): "Geoff Coleman" <geoffc88@tiscali.co.uk>

Since the 1st April 2009 Bill has resumed his protest and has stopped
taking all fluids.

They are not allowing him personal phone calls and they have taken his
pen away. He wants you to know that he is not able to correspond with
you by means of phone call or letter. Bill has not been force-fed
yet. He expects to get an NG feeding on Monday.

 http://www.billcolemaninnocentmanwrongfullyconvicted.webs.com/

If you right to Bill and want to visit he can be put on his list.

Geoff

--
Coordinator                            AKidsRight.Org
jmurtari@AKidsRight.Org                "A Kid's Right to BOTH parents"