[AKidsRight.Org] How is reform doing -- want your FEEDBACK.

From: John Murtari (jmurtari@akidsright.org)
Date: Sat Sep 19 2009 - 10:39:20 EDT

AKidsRight.Org - All the information in our messages if FREE for reuse as you desire.  Subscribe/unsubscribe info at end of this message.

How we doing in the Family Law reform effort?  I've been catching up
the last few weeks and reading a LOT of email messages.  A LOT of
complaining and talking about 'rights' -- but where is everybody?

Forget about rallies of hundreds of thousands of parents, or tens of
thousands, or even a thousand -- who about a few hundred?  Where are
we?  Who are we?  What do 'we' want?

In a few days I'd like to run a FEEDBACK message with your thoughts.
Send it in, please make it about 500 words or less. Please include
links to websites with any sample legislation, goals, or other
documents.

Just to get things started, here a few links to groups and a few of my
thoughts in [brackets]:

--- Fathers & Families

  http://www.FathersAndFamilies.Org/?page_id=1204

  Massachusetts bill they like:
  http://www.mass.gov/legis/bills/house/186/ht01pdf/ht01400.pdf

--- Fathers for Justice

  http://www.f4j.us/index.php?id=675&type=1

--- American Coalition of Fathers & Children

    http://www.acfc.org/

  http://acfc.convio.net/site/PageServer?pagename=MissionStatement

[ We have a lot of mothers in our group.  Are you eager to join the
Coalition of Fathers & Children?  Dads, would be eager to join Mothers
& Families?  Same goals, just different names? ]

--- Children's Rights Council

  http://www.crckids.org/

  What they like (links to different state laws):
  http://crckids.org/joint-custody.htm

--- ParentalRights.Org

  http://www.ParentalRights.org/

---  The Big Tent Society

  http://www.BigTent.Org/ -- Hey! Our goal is just too bring parents
  together in big groups!  We know the system stinks and the people in
  it stink, let's show our contempt and get as many people as we can
  to turn out -- we'll settle our differences later...  we can't give
  you any details, but we'll know the right answer when we see it!

[ This seems to be a popular approach of the past, and also one that
just doesn't work? Know any of the members?]

--- AKidsRight.Org

  http://www.AKidsRight.Org/approach.htm

  What I (and hopefully we) like:
  http://www.AKidsRight.Org/family_rights_act.htm

--- National Parents Leadership Council

  http://www.NationalPLC.org/

[ I'm involved heavily with the last two groups.  I think they have
very strong statements regarding equality.  What do you think, too
much? As you went through your battle with a former spouse or social
services -- what would have helped? ]

Hope to have some good FEEDBACK!
Best regards!