[AKidsRight.Org] NonViolent Action-Jail? Oct 13/ Support? Thanks and Trying for Texas!

From: John Murtari (jmurtari@AKidsRight.org)
Date: Wed Oct 07 2009 - 15:15:01 EDT

AKidsRight.Org - All the information in our messages if FREE for reuse as you desire.  Subscribe/unsubscribe info at end of this message.

This message has info on:

1. Action & Jail? Need Mom & Dad! - Oct 13, Lyons, NY
2. Support? Movie - Texas Film Festival

1. Action & Jail? Need Mom & Dad! - Oct 13, Lyons, NY
WHO - I'm John Murtari, group coordinator, and I want to announce a
return to NonViolent Action. I was forced to close my business and it
took a while for an orderly shutdown.

WHAT - I plan on taking kid's chalk and filling some sidewalks with
messages about family rights....pretty harmless? Many of you recall it
resulted in Federal Prosecution outside the offices of former Senator
Clinton in Syracuse, NY.  http://www.AKidsRight.Org/actionc_syr

WHEN/WHERE - Since my driver's license has been suspended for months,
I'll start on Tuesday, Oct 13th, in my home town of Lyons, NY, at the
office of New York State Assemblyman Robert Oaks.  Don't get me wrong.
He's a nice person, has children of his own, and certainly cares about
parents and families (as do most politicians and most people).
His website: http://assembly.state.ny.us/mem/?ad=128
His email: oaksr@assembly.state.ny.us

WHY - I've approached him for years to introduce 'First in the Nation'
legislation.  A simple Bill that says when a child is born, both
biological parents have a right to know.  I really didn't think it
would be a problem.  He initially thought it made sense, but after a
visit to Albany he advised me it would be a political 'bad move' for
him.  http://www.AKidsRight.Org/parental_notification.

My actions, and hopefully "our" actions, need to help him get over
that fear.  Not by anger, but in a demonstration of our beliefs by
loving self-sacrifice. http://www.AKidsRight.Org/civil.htm

YOUR HELP - To make this easy it needs to be more than one person. I'd
really like to be joined by a loving Mother & and a Father who were
unjustly separated from their kids.  I sent out a message back in
February asking for involvement.
http://www.AKidsRight.org/archive/archive2009/0007.html

ALSO - I don't have any brothers or sisters, and my former business is
closed (due to my inability to drive to my own office).  I would like
to have someone I can pre-arrange to accept "collect calls" from me in
jail.  It should be someone in the Central New York area to keep the
rates down and I will pay you in advance for the anticipated phone
charges.

ALSO - The group gets a lot of email.  If you have been a member for a
while and could handle checking/responding to mail, please let me
know.

WHY PARENTAL NOTIFICATION - Many of us have different goals, but a lot
of parents are concerned about divorce reform ("if I give you one bite
of the apple, we are sharing!")  and also child 'protective' services
("we protect your kids by taking them from you!).  We have talked
about goals before, but sometimes the real issues gets clouded -- how
many times have all of us heard from legislators ("we really need to
do what is best for the children!").

If a legislator won't support your right to even know you have a child
-- what can you expect from that person regarding CPS reform or EQUAL
custody?  We need to get them thinking about fundamental rights.

The real problem is bias/prejudice.  How many different 'rational?'
reasons did people have to justify segregation (just a little over 50
years ago).  Blacks were denigrated by back-of-the-bus,
pee-in-different-bathroom, drink-different-water attitudes by Whites
(who were nice people, just like us).

DEMONSTRATE OUR BELIEFS - Talk is cheap. The ability to parent our own
children should be one of our most valued rights.  If we think it is,
the most effective way to convert the minds & hearts of others is by
our willingness to sacrifice our freedom for what we believe in.

WHAT OTHER PARENTS ARE SAYING -
>From Teri Stoddard  <teri.sharedparentingworks@gmail.com>

    Chalk....  $1.99
    Sign-making materials....  $4.99
    Travel expenses....  $75
    Story for the grandkids of your incarceration for parents' rights...
    PRICELESS!

2. Support? Movie - Texas Film Festival
---------------------------------------
From: Angelo Lob, Producer of the movie "Support? System Down"
http://www.SupportTheMovie.com/

Dear Supporters,

 SUPPORT? was a hit at the Peach Tree International Film Festival!

Even though we didn't win an award Support? is still the HIGHEST
ranking film on the buzz meter and was among some very good films.

Quite frankly, I don't need a plaque to put on the wall because just a
hand shake or a hug letting me know it was a good movie and it relates
to you and yours is an award in itself. I pray Support? can be used as
a tool to demonstrate the suffering across America today and move
towards reform.

The turn out was excellent and we hope to have more exposure soon.

 ***Thank you VERY MUCH to EVERYONE who made it possible for us to be
 there.  THANK YOU!****

We have made some great new contacts and we hope to keep this project
moving!

As I write this update, Support? System Down at this very moment is
being screened for consideration into another Film Festival in Fort
Worth, Texas.

The Lone Star film festival http://www.lsiff.com/ The Lone Star
International Film Festival exists to celebrate the art of the moving
image by supporting emerging visions as well as paying homage to
masters of the medium. By partnering with other cultural organizations
and educational institutions in Fort Worth, the festival also seeks to
make film appreciation a permanent fixture among the world class
cultural landscape of the city. Finally, the festival intends to
contribute to the ongoing international dialogue surrounding the art
and business of film with screenings, exhibitions, and discussions
that explore the newest innovations in creativity, technology, and
distribution.

Keep us in your prayers so that we do make it!!  Stay Tuned...

A very special thanks for helping us with PR and News, Ms. Jane Spies :
http://www.nfja.org/bio/jane.shtml

A special thank you for being there and supporting the film to:

Dr. Sharon Squires, http://www.paternityfraud.com/dr-sharon-squires-phd.html
and  Mr. Carnell Smith http://www.paternityfraud.com

http://www.paternityfraud.com/blog/212/support-system-down-exposes-paternity-fraud-and-more/

Mr. John Murtari for traveling there and showing me how to take the
train. Click here for information: http://www.AKidsRight.Org/pviff.htm

Ms. Karen Wagner: http://www.npra.info/ for being supportive and bring
so many supporters with her.

Please also go to:

Dr. Monty Weinstein and you should check out his website also
http://www.familyunity.com/

God Bless.
Warmest Regards,
Angelo Lobo