[AKidsRight] Apologies for the quiet mailing list & activity...

From: John Murtari (jmurtari@akidsright.org)
Date: Sun Oct 10 2010 - 14:07:33 EDT

AKidsRight.Org - All the information in our messages if FREE for reuse as you desire.  Subscribe/unsubscribe info at end of this message.

Wow, my apologies for blanking out
on the mailing list for a few
months! It's amazing how time flies when
you are worried about just
paying the bills!

Most of you are aware of
the NonViolent Action I was involved in [1] last
Winter and this Spring.
I wasn't working then and was living off
savings. My son was here for
six weeks in the summer and it was a
good thing he had his driver's
license so we could get around.

It was a great time. We even made a
local FOX news segment [2], although
not quite for what you might expect
... Domenic is now entering his
Senior year in high school and we both
are relieved the "court
managed" time will soon end.

After he left I
really needed to find work to make the bills and just
survive. Both of
my parents have passed away and I have no brothers
or sisters. Lyons, NY
is a very small town and there isn't a lot of
call for Software
Engineers! Rochester and Syracuse are about an hour
away -- but you
can't get there if you can't drive....

I've been back to Family Court
in a couple of attempts to get my
license back and they just say, "no."
It could be easy if I would
just acknowledge a "confession of judgement
for the back support", but
I can't in good conscience admit to what to
what I feel I do not owe [3].

So.... some real panic set in during
August and early September when
the cubbard was getting pretty bare! I'm
a computer guy and it's
tough to find REAL "work from home" jobs over
the Internet. Finally,
I've been able to get some contract work and
bring in some money and
make the bills -- but it's still touch &
go.

That's my excuse for ignoring the list and a lot of things. On
one
side I rationalize by saying I'm not unique in what I do for
reform,
but only I can be a parent to my son and keep a home for him
thats
been in the family for almost 100 years.

On the other side I'm
humbled by my lack of Faith and failing to put
these GREAT Family Rights
[4]at the top of my priority list. I now know
what I'd have said if I
was a Black living in Alabama in the 50s and
someone asked me to join a
local protest, "Sorry, don't you know the
Klan watches the crowd and
then visits you and burns your house
down..... not for me!"

And
something else -- when I realize how little I am really willing to
risk
-- I just can't get that angry at the politicians and everyone
else that
many feel persecute families. They have their own issues to
deal with,
just like us, and sometimes choose the easy & safe
path....just like
us.

If you sent me a personal email message and I haven't
responded,
please resend. There was such a pile of mail and SPAM, some
personal
messages may have been deleted. Please understand there may be
some
delays as I try to get back to safe footing...

Best regards!

--

 John
Murtari