How important is it - being a parent?

From: John Murtari (jmurtari@AKidsRight.Org)
Date: Sun May 08 2011 - 14:31:43 EDT

AKidsRight.Org - All the information in our messages if FREE for reuse as you desire.  Subscribe/unsubscribe info at end of this message.

Sorry for two messages in the same day!  Just saw a recent news article
on CNN -- a new perspective on life from one of the passengers that
"landed" in the Hudson River about two years ago.

/Form passenger Ric Elias is the chief executive and co-founder
of Red Ventures <http://www.redventures.com/>,  a company based in Fort
Mill, South Carolina,
that specializes in  using technology to help brands acquire customers. /

http://www.cnn.com/2011/OPINION/05/08/elias.plane.crash/index.html?hpt=C1

I was myself surprised as I read the closing paragraphs.  It so clearly
states how important Children & Parents are to each other -- we don't
realize it, we don't always act upon it -- but it's a "holy" relationship.

It deserves special protections from the 'interference' of others.   The
specialness of that bond between parent & child is denigrated & denied
by what "we have allowed" to happen:

1.  Let's have a very experienced Psychologist decide whether I will
see my child 86% of the time -- or 14% of the time, or maybe I'll be
lucky and get 36% of the time if I have good references!!!!

2.  There were abuse "allegations" made, but no convincing proof.
Let's play it safe and go for those "supervised" and limited visits....

3.  Can't get along, let society decided what is in the "best interest"
of your family.

4.   Well, this parent has "risky" behavior -- we better separate her
from the kids because something "might" happen.....

As always, your FEEDBACK is welcome...

--

Coordinator                            AKidsRight.Org
jmurtari@AKidsRight.Org         A Kid's Right to BOTH parents"