NY Times - Men, who needs them / Action for reform/ Documentary on DVD

From: John Murtari (jmurtari@akidsright.org)
Date: Sun Sep 02 2012 - 11:56:03 EDT

Good People & People of Faith,

This message has info on:

1) New York Times - any real need for Men & Fathers?
2) Organizing for NonViolent Action - interested?
3) Support? - documentary DVD available for purchase.

*1) New York Times - any real need for Men & Fathers?*
Thanks to Don Mathis <fourteenpercenter@yahoo.com>, editor of the
Fourteen Percenter Newsletter (amount of 'shared parenting' you enjoy
when seeing your kids ever other weekend) -- for alerting me of this.

August 25th - The New York Times printed a major editorial opinion
under the title, "Men, Who Needs Them?"

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/25/opinion/men-who-needs-them.html

As many of you know, I try to steer clear of gender when talking about
reform.  As Mothers & Fathers united we need to promote our
fundamental right to be presumed Fit & Equal parents to our children
-- but that Op-Ed should make us all think...

*Opinion are Opinions, But*
That the Times would allow a factually flawed and misleading piece to
print should make us all re-access how far we still have to go.  We
are NOT making much progress.

/"Then, at some point, your father spent a few minutes close by, but//
//   then left. A little while later, you encountered some very odd tiny//
//   cells that he had shed. They did not merge with you, or give you//
//   any cell membranes or nutrients just an infinitesimally small//
//   packet of DNA, less than one-millionth of your mass."//
/
How many have forgotten basic biology?  Those little packets of DNA
are all either parent really contributes to who and what you are, all
else is raw material:

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Do_children_inherit_more_DNA_from_their_mother_or_father

This could have been an article printed during the "Eugenics
Revolution" of the early 20th century -- better humans through
science:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eugenics

One of its more twisted, but big believers -- Adolph Hitler!  The
Nazi's used to take children from home during the summer and
send them to 'programs' away from their parents where they could
learn proper ideas and have a better environment.

/   "Hi, I'm a social worker, we've had a report, and I'm just here to//
//   investigate ... just trying to do what it best for "OUR" children.//
//   Please cooperate and this will be much easier..."//
/
Closer to home.  Think of the segregation that went on in the South
for almost a 100 years after the Civil War -- "can't you see how
different we are?  We can't mingle together..."

*The Author & Comments*
Of course, I found great irony in the author being a man.  If you go
to the site and read the comments, you don't see outrage -- people
find it an interesting discussion of ideas & roles?  How about,

/"Blacks and whites living in the same neighborhood, eating in the//
//     same restaurant, even using the same bathroom?  What an//
//     interesting idea, but I'm too busy now.  What we are doing now//
//     seems fine..."//
/
Do you wonder why politicians don't support our 'revolutionary' ideas?
Because no one else does either.  It's not a big deal.  (Until it
happens to you of course ...*just how we felt before*).

*2) Organizing for NonViolent Action - interested?*
Maybe you scanned this in the past, but take another look now:

http://www.AKidsRight.org/approach.htm

Read a bit of real Civil Rights history & methods at:

http://www.AKidsRight.Org/civil.htm

If you believe in our goals and are interested in organizing and
starting a new campaign, contact me: jmurtari@AKidsRight.Org and
consider joining the National Parent's Leadership Council,

http://www.NationalPLC.Org/

*3) Support? - documentary DVD available for purchase.*
We have run a few announcements on this.  The DVD is now available for
purchase. It tells our stories and is a great resource in getting
other people to understand what the 'system' does.

http://www.SupportTheMovie.com/

--

Coordinator                            AKidsRight.Org

jmurtari@AKidsRight.Org                "A Kid's Right to BOTH parents"

Toll Free (877) 635-1968(x-211)        http://www.AKidsRight.Org/