Happy Mother's Day / Sen. Schumer and new NonViolent Action for reform.

From: John Murtari (jmurtari@akidsright.org)
Date: Sun May 12 2013 - 11:39:03 EDT

AKidsRight.Org - All the information in our messages if FREE for reuse as you desire.  Subscribe/unsubscribe info at end of this message.

1. Happy Mother's Day
2. Mother's Day 2014 - Senator Schumer & NonViolent Resumes!
3. Your FEEDBACK - some tough comments.

*1. Happy Mother's Day*
My sincere Best Wishes for a Happy Mother's Day! A special greeting to
those who
may not even see your children; have not received a card because your
former spouse is blind to your value. For the "awkward" moments this day can
bring: "Did your kids send you flowers?", "I got a beautiful card from my
daughter, how about you?", "We are all going out for dinner tonight, and
you?"

A TOUGH HOLIDAY for many!

We open the door to reform when we demonstrate the power of our love.
If they
stick a camera in your face and ask you "why?".  Don't waste your 20
seconds on
hate for your former spouse, the social worker, judges or lawyers. Tell them
about your great love for your kids and the fundamental right you have to be
presumed a FIT & EQUAL parent -- even better, show them....

This is NonViolent Action. That with real Faith, real Love, and real
Sacrifice,
real miracles can happen.  Noble dreams can take on flesh and become
reality. http://www.AKidsRight.Org/civil.htm

/"Place me like a seal over your heart, like a seal on//
//     your arm; for love is as strong as death, its passion//
//     unyielding as the grave.//
//
//     It burns like a blazing fire, like a mighty flame.//
//     Many waters cannot quench love; rivers cannot wash it//
//     away.//
//
//     If one were to give all the wealth of his house for//
//     love, it would be utterly scorned."//
//                                        -- Song of Songs 8:6-7/

*2. Mother's Day 2014 - Senator Schumer & NonViolent Resumes!*
I've taken a break for a few years from NonViolent Action for reform.  Not
because I thought the goal was unattainable, or I was tired of
beingarrested &
jailed (48 times!) <http://www.akidsright.org/arrests_jail.htm>, but I
had to stabilize my finances.

I'd had to borrow money from a couple of good friends to make ends meet.
Finally, after about 15 years of struggle,my former spouse and I finally
settled in late 2011 <http://www.akidsright.org/support_jm.htm>. Domenic
was getting ready to start college, he & I talked
about our 'future' plans.  He understood my commitment to reform (and
possible
arrest) and to also help him with college expenses (he is ending his
Sophomore
year now).

NonViolent action is a about 'self' sacrifice and I never wanted to be in a
position where I needed funding from friends (this was not their
battle). If I
was going to continue things had to be stable.  Once I could 'drive'
again, I
have been able to find good work and take care of things.  By Mother's
day of
next year I hope to be ready for more action.

Only once have I had someone join me who was willing to be hand-cuffed to
demonstrate the injustice of the system and the love she had for her
children.

*In January of 2005 Cathy Hughes joined me outside the Syracuse Federal
Building*.
Federal police and an Asst. US Attorney watched from the doors as she
and I took
kid's chalk and wrote "I LOVE YOU" and "Sen. Clinton HELP US" on the
pavement
outside -- they did not take any action and we got some TV Coverage
(http://www.akidsright.org/actionc_syr/index.htm#cathy).

Senator Clinton has moved on, but we have Senator Schumer.  A very
intelligent
man and concerned about Civil Rights.  As we did with Senator Clinton,
we will
first attempt to engage his staff in dialog about Family Rights and
getting him
personally to discuss/endorse the need for a Family Rights Act
(http://www.akidsright.org/parental_notification/family-rights-poster.pdf).

You can check our Legislative Action section
<http://www.akidsright.org/legislative.htm> for what we have done in the
past.

We will begin these efforts in the Fall and give the Senator plenty of
time to
respond and engage the members of our group in personal 'public'
dialog.  If he
does not have time to speak with us -- we will be ready to take action next
Mother's Day.  Before 'politicians' will think our cause is important,
we need to
demonstrate it really is important.

I should be ready and I ask all of you to think and plan.  People can
help in
many ways, but I do need at least ONE Mother and ONE Father who, like Cathy,
would be willing to join me and risk arrest.  In the words of the Song,
let's
demonstrate our Love still burns and cannot be quenched.

Give it some thought.  We even have a self-evaluation checklist
<http://www.akidsright.org/checklist.htm> to help.

John Murtari (jmurtari@AKidsRight.Org)

3. *Your FEEDBACK - some tough comments.*

--- Dean Schrickel <englewood1@hotmail.com>

 > The answer is simple cut out the federal funding to the states and
counties!
 > This is the main cause of 99% of this! Find the link pin and pull it
and the
 > counties go back to not giving a shit again! Then the kids are a
considered a
 > burden, not a prize!

I agree that funding/money is a lot of the motivation for the disfunctional
system.  But the big question was -- what is it worth to you?  What goal
are you
willing to sacrifice to see a fix?

- Dean's reply

 > The action of our "System" is a $16 trillion unsustainable debt! It will
 > collapse on its present course, I just sit back and watch it
 > happen. Government picking winning and losers will always result in
failure!

--- Barbara Bryan <bbryan315@yahoo.com>

--- Nora Renzulli <oum777@aol.com>

--- Don Littler <donlittler@yahoo.com>

 > Some time ago I was prepared to take my losses and walk away. KIds
are adults
 > now and alienated.

 > In my last months as a payer, the maintenance enforce program of Nova
Scotia
 > saw fit to toy with me one last time. The system joined in. It
sparked me that
 > much that I started a campaign relentlessy going back to politiciansd
over and
 > over again demanding they do something about it. I am also prepared
to picket
 > their office if they stick their head in the sand.

 > I have now decided that even though I'm at the end, the knowledge and
insight
 > Ive gained is worth passing on to these elected officials, whether
they like
 > it or not. The hard part is gathering soldiers. If everyone went at the
 > politicians relentlessly and did not let up things would definitely
change.

--- captlake@mchsi.com

 > That's because you are ignorant about the real tactic's of non
violence and
 > political change. It was the economic boycott that tipped the scales
of the
 > civil rights movement in favor of Martin Luther King and the African
American
 > community. We at Fighting Fathers of District 1 publicly confront and
name
 > family court judges on our website. We continue to call for economic
boycotts
 > of Florida and California.

 > The Florida Supreme Court, The First District Court of Appeals and
the First
 > District family court judges visits our website weekly. We have
forced judges
 > to resign or recuse themselves from cases. We have been asked to
provide input
 > for judicial candidates and rewrite forms for the Pro Se litigates.
We have
 > lobbied for and gotten passed legislation rewriting the laws to prevent
 > parental abductions.

 > John I laugh at your misguided and pompous writings and antic's. You
and your
 > chalk have done nothing but scuff up the the sidewalk. I once told
you and I
 > will repeat it, you would have been more valuable as a martyr if you
had died
 > in jail. As a nonviolent leader you barely grasp the intent or methods of
 > nonviolence, instead you wrap yourself in the soundbites and pretty
speeches
 > of a few movies and documentaries. Gandhi would have used you like toilet
 > paper and sent you smiling to impale yourself on British bayonets.

 > Its not about you John and your comical masochistic suffering, its
the system
 > itself and unless you expose the Family court and its judges for what
it is
 > and name names you will be nothing but a footnote.

 > Fighting Fathers is edging closer and closer to achieving true equal
 > parenting, while your chalk gets washed into the gutter.

 > William Lake
 > Fighting Fathers of District 1
 > http://www.fightingfathersofdistrict1.com/

I appreciate the frank feedback and sometime learn more from folks who
disagree.

I did go to your website, http://www.FightingFathersOfDistrict1.com/ , I may
have missed it -- but what is your reform goal?  What law that defines &
protects Family Rights?  My message asked about what reform was worth --
what
are the "FightingFathersOfDistrict1" willing to sacrifice for to achieve
their
goals?

Regarding NonViolent Action, I don't agree with your conclusions. Boycotts,
ridicule, threats are attempts to pressure our opponents -- they don't
produce a
real 'change of heart.'  We produce real change when our 'opponents' see the
loving sacrifices we are willing to make for our beliefs, and it changes how
they think from the inside out.  You can follow the link below, both
Gandhi &
King embraced those concepts....

We have material at the site http://www.AKidsRight.Org/civil.htm and
I've tried
to model actions after those ideals.  I'll certainly grant you that I
could have
done a better job, but I've seen the effectiveness in the 'small' and within
about a year I will be trying again.  The key think is getting more parents
involved and I look forward to that happening and starting a real movement.

You may be right, these effort may not even be a footnote -- but time
will tell.

--

Coordinator                            AKidsRight.Org
jmurtari@AKidsRight.Org                "A Kid's Right to BOTH parents"