Federal Trial Friday (Nov. 7) / Senator Clinton and Congressional Hearings

From: John Murtari (jmurtari@AKidsRight.org)
Date: Wed Nov 05 2003 - 09:26:48 EST

Unsubscribe instructions at bottom of message.

I just wanted to give you a brief update on my upcoming trial. It is
scheduled for this Friday (Nov 7th), at 10 AM in the Federal Court for
the Northern District of New York, Hanley Federal Building, Syracuse,
NY.  You are certainly very welcome to attend!  During the same visit
you are also encouraged to stop by the offices of Senator Hillary
R. Clinton (14th floor) and drop off your own personal letter asking
her to help and to call for Congressional Hearings into reform.
http://www.AKidsRight.Org/actionc_syr

Congressional Hearings
----------------------
Congressional Hearings are the first step in the process of us gaining
"civil rights" protection for our right to nurture our own children
and the right of our kids to be raised by TWO parents. Remember, we
are NOT asking for more Federal or State interference in family life
-- but the installation of protections to reduce unjustified
interference. We need to make our "actions" correspond to the "words"
we use.  I see so much email every day about the tremendous wrongs
being done to families and how our basic human rights are being
trampled...

But then it appears most of the focus is at the State/local level or
in a Court Room.  As if the State of Mississippi or a Federal Judge
had the power to define your "right" of family.  We should all
remember that the rights we hold most dear: to freedom, religion, and
speech were defined by the "people".  Remember those words in our
Declaration of Independence, "We hold these truths to be self
evident..."

The method our Founding Fathers installed for the definition and
protection of those rights was the Congress of the United States. A
place where the "will of the people" could be made manifest.  Where
our very Constitution could be modified.

We all know how hard it is to "energize" parents to participate in
the reform process.  Let's try to remember that people are motivated
not by small goals, but by BIG goals.  And we have a very BIG goal:
The formal protection of our rights to parent our own children, to be
secure as family.

Our Political "Clout"
---------------------
Many people are frustrated and cynical about our inability to gain a
personal meeting with Senator Hillary R. Clinton (THE person in Congress
on Family Issues).  If we had:

1) Several hundred thousand dollars to contribute -- we could get a
personal meeting to discuss our issues.

2) Several hundred thousand people who were willing to walk on
Washington -- we could get a meeting to discuss our issues.

Unfortunately, we don't have either of the above -- yet. But it does
not mean that our "cause" is not deserving of a personal meeting.  We
have to "act" in a way that says it is. I fall back again to the
example of segregation in the South.  The Blacks didn't have these
items either -- but the campaign that was started of NonViolent Action
by Martin Luther King helped all of America see them as human beings
whose most basic rights were being violated.  Their willingness to
risk jail and be attacked by police (without striking back) -- broke
through all the stereotypes people had.
http://www.AKidsRight.Org/civil_back.htm

NonViolent Action
-----------------
The group holds up the ideal that people willing to demonstrate: Faith,
Love, and Personal Sacrifice can be the means of effective social
change. More specifically, that Parents can promote reform by
demonstrating:

1) Faith in a loving God,

2) Love for their children, former spouses, and other "brothers and
sisters", and

3) Willingness to make Personal Sacrifice,

NonViolent Action allows you to demonstrate through "unambiguous
physical action" the depth of your Faith and belief in your "cause." It
is a positive demonstration of love given at sometimes tremendous
personal cost.

Your Participation Welcome
--------------------------
Again, as this "experiment" in NonViolent Action continues I am mindful
of the need for public support and your support.  I also understand how
hard that is and how busy we all are. But I have no doubt that good things
are going to happen. My Faith in a Loving God tells me that.  There are
times when war and combat are necessary -- this is not one of them.

I act peacefully because the sacrifice I show for my child is my duty
as a parent.  I can't think of a more important National issue and
Senator Clinton needs to sit down and talk with us and hear our
experiences.  It is more important than anything else -- the love I
have for my Son, Domenic, tells me that.

Best regards!